Last Film You Saw

The Dark Knight

Escapes me why this movie is rated so highly.

Batman's EXTREMELY GRUFF VOICE WAS... EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

The plot wasn't great; Heath Ledger was phenomenal though.

An OK movie for me, not at all near the top 100 greatest of all times. Was this movie elevated in esteem due to Ledger's death? Beats me - but perhaps so. I simply don't get why this is such a highly rated film.
==========
I (also) recently watched "V for Vendetta. "

At first I didn't like it at all - I thought it was very corny. But it grew on me. Portman's scene after she is released from "prison" was exceptional - as was her performance throughout the film.

At the end, I really liked V; makes my top 20 or so for sure.

If you've not seen V - well do so! I think you'll like it.

Last edited:
Equalizer 2 tonight, really disappointing. Felt it totally lost what made the first one so good, the plot was really weak and overall a big let down. 5/10

The Dark Knight

An OK movie for me, not at all near the top 100 greatest of all times. Was this movie elevated in esteem due to Ledger's death? Beats me - but perhaps so. I simply don't get why this is such a highly rated film.
==========

At first I didn't like it at all - I thought it was very corny. But it grew on me. Portman's scene after she is released from "prison" was exceptional - as was her performance throughout the film.

I thinks Ledgers death definitely gave the film a few more points, prefered Batman Begins myself. Rises was awful.

The Dark Knight

==========

If you think V is better than TDK, I wouldn't really comment on a movie thread ;-)

The Dark Knight

I'd agree with your view.

I think, mainly, what the film showed is how engaged with Ledger's 'Joker', Nolan was. The acting for that character and Bale's 'Batman' is stark. And, by that, I mean the script is quite poor and getting anything from it needed a performer to really bring it to life.

Perhaps it is because Ledger drew out much more from the script that it elevated the film, so.

Bale had always been a soulless, stunted actor in the role of that comic book character.

He never knew how to make 'Batman' a vigilante that was an inch from crossing the line so, therefore, it look like he couldn't be bothered half the time with the rest of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.