Last Film You Saw

2 Days 1 Night - a French film with Marion Cotillard. About a woman trying to save her job by appealing to her co-workers to give up a 1,000 euro bonus for a vote for her to be kept on. It's fairly low key, but interesting.

Can it be ‘cliche’ when it’s based on true events??
I reckon....History repeating itself, and all that. Viewed from my current AI-obsessed, manic depressive, google-spies-in-my-phone-paranoid mindset, we are a staggeringly boring and predictable bunch of creatures. The stories we tell about ourselves and the world have to be repeated, or we all descend into meaninglessness. It probably doesn't matter if they are factually based or not. All cinema can be seen as one, continuous, heady mix of commerce, seduction and illusion, driven by the vanity of everyone involved on both sides of the camera.

And on that note, I am banning myself from the internet for 48hrs.

I reckon....History repeating itself, and all that. Viewed from my current AI-obsessed, manic depressive, google-spies-in-my-phone-paranoid mindset, we are a staggeringly boring and predictable bunch of creatures. The stories we tell about ourselves and the world have to be repeated, or we all descend into meaninglessness. It probably doesn't matter if they are factually based or not. All cinema can be seen as one, continuous, heady mix of commerce, seduction and illusion, driven by the vanity of everyone involved on both sides of the camera.

And on that note, I am banning myself from the internet for 48hrs.

Will you be doing Another 48hrs ? ;-)

Tag. Would have been good if Jeremy renners character wasn’t suck a complete prick. No way would the other fellas be friends with him. Based on a true story which is cool.

Green Book

Excellent film.
Enjoyed this one 8/10

Dr Don Shirley is a world-class African-American pianist, who is about to embark on a concert tour in the Deep South in 1962. In need of a driver and protection, Shirley recruits Tony Lip, a tough-talking bouncer from an Italian-American neighbourhood in the Bronx. Despite their differences, the two men soon develop an unexpected bond while confronting racism and danger in an era of segregation .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.