Last Film You Saw

I’ve had a WW2 fest today. Saving Private Ryan for probably the 4th time and then The Captain. A German film with subtitles. It’s a true story about a German private who takes on the identity of a German Officer during the last weeks of the war, committing many atrocities along the way. Very good watch if you can put up with subtitles. I like a good international film from time to time and this was decent.

I had a nostalgia attack today, so I had to get a copy of 1958 film "Tom Thumb", a film I've not seen for 35-40 years.

Apart from the realisation there's a depiction of a Chinese toy (especially the beginning 'speech') and a golliwog toy (thankfully never spoke!)plus random sing songs, it was quite enjoyable.

Terry Thomas and Peter Sellers were a delight, but the acrobatic/ dancing ability of Russ Tamblyn as 'Tom Thumb' was something to behold!

Enjoyed it!

Mule - 2018 film starred in and directed by Clint Eastwood. An elderly (very) man becomes a drugs mule for a South American cartel. Also starred Andy Garcia but that threw me because it took me a while to realise it was him. Enjoyed the film, but being a Clint fan for as long as I can I remember, I can't not enjoy Clint's films. 8/10

The Captain. A German film with subtitles. It’s a true story about a German private who takes on the identity of a German Officer during the last weeks of the war, committing many atrocities along the way. Very good watch if you can put up with subtitles. I like a good international film from time to time and this was decent.
Where is this available, mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.