Last Film You Saw

Watched the Joker on Tuesday night.

Well acted. Brilliantly in fact.

Story line. Dialogue. Not for me.

Interesting.

There's a fair few peeps saying this.

What am I missing about the dialogue and story line...?

I'm quite objective, so I'm genuinely interested (I would like to think my love for Phoenix's 'all in" nature of acting is not colouring my view!).

Interesting.

There's a fair few peeps saying this.

What am I missing about the dialogue and story line...?

I'm quite objective, so I'm genuinely interested (I would like to think my love for Phoenix's 'all in" nature of acting is not colouring my view!).

I thought the story line was held back. I think it could have been expanded more than it was. The idea that a down on his luck, socially rejected character becomes a mass murderer was decent enough in itself but I don't think it was took as far as it could have been.

Honestly, I wanted more murders, I wanted more of a chase. I think it could have been an excellent crime/thriller movie that moved much faster.

As it was, it was a slow, story telling and very dark picture.

It's a shame because the lead was already in place to play it. Phoenix was excellent

Only 2 weeks until the Irishman lands on Netflix.

Really, really looking forward to this one.

I thought the story line was held back. I think it could have been expanded more than it was. The idea that a down on his luck, socially rejected character becomes a mass murderer was decent enough in itself but I don't think it was took as far as it could have been.

Honestly, I wanted more murders, I wanted more of a chase. I think it could have been an excellent crime/thriller movie that moved much faster.

As it was, it was a slow, story telling and very dark picture.

It's a shame because the lead was already in place to play it. Phoenix was excellent

But, why go 0 - 100 in 2 hrs, when 'Joker' has a whole landscape to explore?

In real life, a serial killer explores what they can and cannot do; dipping their toes in the water before fully bathing in the warmth of their confidence.

No different for 'Arthur Fleck' in his newfound skin; he's exploring.

But, why go 0 - 100 in 2 hrs, when 'Joker' has a whole landscape to explore?

In real life, a serial killer explores what they can and cannot do; dipping their toes in the water before fully bathing in the warmth of their confidence.

No different for 'Arthur Fleck' in his newfound skin; he's exploring.

It's all about perception. A character based on a comic, I can never relate that to real life.

Le Mans 1966 opened today.
Tells the story of Ford’s efforts to win Le Mans at the first time of trying in 1966 under the guidance of Shelby and Miles.
Didn’t think it was as good as reviewed and not a patch on the film about Hunt and Lauda a while back.

Le Mans 1966 opened today.
Tells the story of Ford’s efforts to win Le Mans at the first time of trying in 1966 under the guidance of Shelby and Miles.
Didn’t think it was as good as reviewed and not a patch on the film about Hunt and Lauda a while back.
Thought that was called ford v ferrari?

Any who, I just watched Klaus on netflix, animated Christmas film. Now I'm not normally a kids films fan at all, but this was brilliant, very heart warming, 8.5/10

Only 2 weeks until the Irishman lands on Netflix.

Really, really looking forward to this one.
Can’t wait for it mate . Is it out on blue ray same day? Russell buffalino one the most overlooked and respected mafia bosses that ever lived and also looking forward to seeing there take on Angelo Bruno

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.