Last Film You Saw

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
Joker. Phoenix was fantastic. I have no problems with it being a slow burner but thought the storyline was just ok.
You know, I think the problem with "Joker" (and thus why I can finally see why people say the story line is just 'ok'), is that nobody, it seems, has ever thought to do a backstory on this character! He, basically, just appears from nowhere!

It seems to me Phillips has tried a logical extension as to the current status of the character, but there's only so much of unlucky 'Arthur Fleck' the audience can take.

I mean, how far back do you go...?

Therefore, I think the hints were enough at this stage with more exploration to come, perhaps with 'Professor Jonathan Crane' as a side step whilst Margot Robbie continues to destroy 'Dr Harleen Quinzel' on screen?

Wretched Vengeance

“Only the dead have seen the end of war.” ― Plato
Joker

Sensational. Dark. I was gripped through the entire film.

Kept reading that people didn't like the story line, so I tried to block that out and just judge it on its own merits.

For some reason I was expecting a bit more violence, but I think they have probably got it spot on in that respect.

And lastly - what a stunning performance by Phoenix.

Elbow beards

Frozen 2,
Good, was technically brilliant (the sea scene is dazzling)
Was it as good as the first one? Erm yes and no. Don't think the songs were as catchy. Had big boots to fill after the first one, so was always going to draw comparesons . But still entertaining.

Uncle Wally One Ball

Im halfway through Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and so far I love it. It is intertwining with the Manson family and if it carries on then I think it may be favourite QT movie. It is thus far anyway. Hope it doesnt disappoint

Dr Jacoby

I’m halfway through Blade Runner 2049. I’ve been pleasantly surprised thus far.

As always, Gosling is great and Ana De Armas (she plays Joi) is one of the most stunning women I have ever seen.

jimharri

Watched "The Gemini Man" last night. Ho hum. The action scenes are fairly well staged
the motorcycle chase is very good)
, but the film didn't really jump out of the screen and grab me. Not a big Will Smith fan. He's had a few good films, but he's also had his fair share of turkeys as well. 6/10.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead looking very tidy, mind.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.