Last Film You Saw

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FantasyIreland, 23 Mar 2014.

1. Bigga

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    You know, I think the problem with "Joker" (and thus why I can finally see why people say the story line is just 'ok'), is that nobody, it seems, has ever thought to do a backstory on this character! He, basically, just appears from nowhere!

It seems to me Phillips has tried a logical extension as to the current status of the character, but there's only so much of unlucky 'Arthur Fleck' the audience can take.

I mean, how far back do you go...?

Therefore, I think the hints were enough at this stage with more exploration to come, perhaps with 'Professor Jonathan Crane' as a side step whilst Margot Robbie continues to destroy 'Dr Harleen Quinzel' on screen?

2. Joker

Sensational. Dark. I was gripped through the entire film.

Kept reading that people didn't like the story line, so I tried to block that out and just judge it on its own merits.

For some reason I was expecting a bit more violence, but I think they have probably got it spot on in that respect.

And lastly - what a stunning performance by Phoenix.

TCIB and Bigga like this.
  3. Elbow beards

Elbow beards

Frozen 2,
    Good, was technically brilliant (the sea scene is dazzling)
    Was it as good as the first one? Erm yes and no. Don't think the songs were as catchy. Had big boots to fill after the first one, so was always going to draw comparesons . But still entertaining.

4. Banshee

Banshee

A Time To Kill...(1996)

Long time since I'd seen it or read the book. Tidy cast and performances. Still good value all round.

Dr Jacoby likes this.
  5. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

Im halfway through Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and so far I love it. It is intertwining with the Manson family and if it carries on then I think it may be favourite QT movie. It is thus far anyway. Hope it doesnt disappoint

worsleyweb likes this.
  6. kippaxwarrior

kippaxwarrior

It's not where your from, it's where your at
    Beverley Hills Cop

Still a great film

7. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

Sword of trust, probably the worst thing I’ve ever watched in my life,utter shit.

8. waspish

waspish

9. Dr Jacoby

Dr Jacoby

I’m halfway through Blade Runner 2049. I’ve been pleasantly surprised thus far.

As always, Gosling is great and Ana De Armas (she plays Joi) is one of the most stunning women I have ever seen.

10. jimharri

jimharri

Watched "The Gemini Man" last night. Ho hum. The action scenes are fairly well staged
    the motorcycle chase is very good)
    , but the film didn't really jump out of the screen and grab me. Not a big Will Smith fan. He's had a few good films, but he's also had his fair share of turkeys as well. 6/10.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead looking very tidy, mind.