Last Film You Saw

Watched the first 20 minutes, then turned it off. Didn't enjoy the way the film 'stopped' and then you get a voice-over of whats going on, why they are there etc. Having watched the trailer, It looks like one of those films I want to enjoy, but just ends up being rubbish. Similar experience with Triple Frontier earlier in the year, although I did manage to finish that one.
Seems to be mixed reviews about it. I'll probably give it a miss.

Zombieland: Double Tap

It feels like the first Zombieland in tone etc, but they should leave it now. It comes across as largely the same as the first but adding in some jokes and ideas they could not fit into the first one.

If you liked the first one, watch this, you will largely enjoy it, as in essence more of the same. If the first one didn't do it for you then don't bother.

Borg vs McEnroe

Whilst it’s not supposedly entirely true, I found it to be a well-made sport biopic in a similar mould to ‘Rush’.

The Irishman.

Good film but not a classic and certainly not as good as Scorsese’s earlier stuff. Not sure it needed to be that long as well.

7/10.
Im surprised by that, your obviously a Scorsese fan.
I gave it 10, for me its faultless in every way.
Im wary that any new film involving Pesci, Pacino, DeNiro and Scorsese could still be less than great but Ive watched it twice and cant fault it.

However, art is art, and we all evaluate it differently.

"Wonder".

Had it a while, but only just gotten around to watching it.

My son said "Dad, are you watching 'Wonder?"!

I said, "Yeah, how do you know about?"

"We're watching it in school!"!

I get why and it's okay, nothing special and highly predictable (as my son also said).

The only real interesting thing about it is the concerted dialling back of the more experienced actors to let the young ones shine.

I hate Owen Wilson, generally speaking, but here he turned the volume down to 6 and he was completely relatable, so much so, that I was impressed.

I just wish he'd do this more often.

Im surprised by that, your obviously a Scorsese fan.
I gave it 10, for me its faultless in every way.
Im wary that any new film involving Pesci, Pacino, DeNiro and Scorsese could still be less than great but Ive watched it twice and cant fault it.

However, art is art, and we all evaluate it differently.
You found no fault at all? Not even a minor gripe?
DescriptiveSpeedyAlbino-size_restricted.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.