Last Film You Saw

I've watched a few over the last week or so that were all watchable.

A prayer before dawn. It's based on a true story about a bloke who did time in a Thai prison. He was a boxer and ended up doing Thai boxing in order to survive. The main character is played by John in peaky blinders.

Doctor sleep which is a spin off from the shining. Ewan mcgregor is the adult Danny from the shining. Was a good watch.

Hustlers. Again based on a true story, this time about strippers ripping punters off who were mainly Wall Street bankers. Then the financial crash happens and the hustle becomes a lot harder so drugs are used to sedate the punters and get credit card details etc. Stars Jennifer Lopez which might put many off because she's been in some shite but this film is actually pretty good.

Good boys. A light hearted comedy about 3 boys who are about 11 or 12 and are growing up, starting to fancy girls etc. Quite a few funny parts in this film that'll make you wish you were a kid again and have that innocence and naivity. Stephen merchant has a small cameo in it where he ends up buying one of the boys dad's 'CPR doll'

really enjoyed watching this tonight with the boys tonight although slightly embarrassing in places but good fun as you say and god yes for another bite at the time of life again :-) good shout !

Midway

Not bad at all considering how Americans have a nasty habbit of drowning military films in pride. Youy know what i mean, slow trumpet playing with the american flag flapping in the wind type stuff.
There is some of that but not as bad as it could have been. The action sfx are pretty damned good and performances are fine. No idea how historically accurate it is to be honest but it comes across as pretty faithful to what i imagine the situation to have been.

Worth a watch imo, give it a whirl ladies and gents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.