Last Film You Saw

Can I ask what message you guys took away from the film, out of interest?

I'm not sure I'm be able to answer that in terms of 'message'.
It seemed to follow a sad quite lonely clown as his life spiralled downward and he discovered he could murder people and get away with it.

I'm not sure I'm be able to answer that in terms of 'message'.
It seemed to follow a sad quite lonely clown as his life spiralled downward and he discovered he could murder people and get away with it.

Okay...

So did you not see the outlier in society? The bullied, the cast aside, the ignored, the disenfranchised...?

Yes, the film is shrouded with darkness, but throughout all of it, the opportunity of kindness is there, offered or not and we ALL make those choices.

The 'murder' and subsequent 'dance' stuff is a relief valve/ a victory against his tormentors and whilst I agree it's not 'nice', you would have to understand these things were avoidable if people gave a shit more.

I found myself wondering who was really wearing the mask in 'Gotham' which could be extrapolated to general society if you cared to go down that road.

Maybe watch it again with a different mindset and see if you reach the same conclusion?

The film is, indeed, worthy of discussion.

Okay...

So did you not see the outlier in society? The bullied, the cast aside, the ignored, the disenfranchised...?

Yes, the film is shrouded with darkness, but throughout all of it, the opportunity of kindness is there, offered or not and we ALL make those choices.

The 'murder' and subsequent 'dance' stuff is a relief valve/ a victory against his tormentors and whilst I agree it's not 'nice', you would have to understand these things were avoidable if people gave a shit more.

I found myself wondering who was really wearing the mask in 'Gotham' which could be extrapolated to general society if you cared to go down that road.

Maybe watch it again with a different mindset and see if you reach the same conclusion?

The film is, indeed, worthy of discussion.
Still shite.End of discussion.lol

Just back from watching New Mutants.

Not the best, very slow to get going and doesn't really offer much to the Xmen franchise.

4/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.