Last Film You Saw

Decc66

Couple of Scandinavian films popped up on Prime for me recently and they were excellent.
Aniara, a Sci-fi movie that stayed with me long after watching it and The Unthinkable, a belting action movie with some amazing camera work and a wee twist.

Highly recommended if your into either genre.

ZenHalfTimeCrock

Team supported
Manchester City
the seven samurai , akira kurosawa , last time I watched this was about 20 years ago , it's still up there with the best 9/10
I watched Kurosawa’s High and Low yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s a gripping police procedural thriller with some memorable scenes set in the seedier parts of Yokohama.

If there is anyone reading this post who likes samurai movies, Masaki Kobayashi’s Harakiri is by far the best one ever made for my money.

Here is an edited extract from an online review:

‘Kobayashi's direction of this elegant wide-screen epic may seem to be stodgy and talky at times, but the tale it tells will curdle the marrow of your bones. Even though there is relatively little swordplay for most of the movie, it is one of the greatest of all the samurai films. No Jacobean revenge tragedy by Cyril Tourneur or John Webster can hold a candle to it in its ferocity.’

LesBleuMiserable

Recently watched Cinema Paradiso (again) simply amazing how they captured the period the film was set in. Also a reminder that sometimes
you have to leave your comfort zone and surroundings to pursue goals/dreams.

VOOMER

Just watched a utter desperate effort of a film called "Hell on the border". Its supposed to be the story of Bass Reeves on the legend's of the West, who a US Marshall. Bass Reeves story is way more interesting in this half arsed effort.

Double R

Death Wish. Original, not the Willis version. Cheesy classic.
Have a real soft spot for revenge/ordinary guys pushed too far, type of films.
Taxi Driver, Bad day at black rock, Mad Max, Straw Dogs. Even Robocop was ultimatly a revenge film.
All brilliant. Get Carter and Harry Brown not so much.
Any other suggestions?

jimharri

Death Wish. Original, not the Willis version. Cheesy classic.
Have a real soft spot for revenge/ordinary guys pushed too far, type of films.
Taxi Driver, Bad day at black rock, Mad Max, Straw Dogs. Even Robocop was ultimatly a revenge film.
All brilliant. Get Carter and Harry Brown not so much.
Any other suggestions?
Get Carter (the original, not the shite Stallone rehash) is a cracking film.

Jack Carter: "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself."

Harry: "Thought you were going soon?"
Jack Carter : "Soon. When you've lost your money. Won't take long."
Harry : "Clever sod, aren't you?"
Jack Carter : "Only comparatively."

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.