Last Film You Saw

Vintage Villeneuve.
bKnQ1aE.gif

Auto Focus
Willem Dafoe
Not a bad film, its about the guy who starred in Hogans Heroes, the 70's TV comedy. He was addicted to sex. It ruined his life.

7/10

I see you

In the horror section of Netflix bu tnot really horror, more thriller.

It was a good 7.5/10 watch.

On reflection I think I the horror comes from Helen Hunts botoxed face, why do they do this to themselves?

Dune. A masterpiece but I expected nothing less from the guy who did Arrival. Zimmer with a fantastic score.

Make sure you watch it in the cinema. The big screen does it justice!
I thought watching it in the cinema took away from it because tge sound was so loud that I missed loads. At home I'd have been able to rewind or add subtitles.

It really is ridiculous how sound destroys movies. I blame the glass of water in Jurassic Park. :-)

I watched Dune last night, it looked amazing, as @City_Sean said I think you have to see in the cinema (IMAX specifically) to really appreciate some of it. Some of the cinematography is spectacular. IMAX makes the whole experience really immersive.

As for the film in general I thought it was good not great, as you could tell it was a part 1, which in fairness it does point out. Always felt like it was building up to the part 2.

I don't know anything about the book or the original, so I went into it with a clear mind. I think you can still enjoy it not knowing anything about it.

7/10 - probably a 6.5 if you don't watch it on the big screen. I'm probably being a little bit harsh on it with the scoring too.

Last edited:
Also watched Ron's Gone Wrong this weekend, 20th Century studios first animated move since they shut the studio that did Ice Age, Rio etc... It's got really good reviews (81% with critics on RT, 97% with audience) but I'm not sure why to be honest.

The concept is unique to some extent, the message about being wary of technology especially around kids isn't unique. The animation is okay, nothing special, got a little bit bored in sections.

5/10

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.