Last Film You Saw

I had it on my list for a while and it was hugely entertaining.
I'd forgotten how much fun films could be and Tarnantino can absolutely entertain.

What did you think about the 'controversial' Bruce Lee scene?
The Bruce Lee scene was one of my favourite parts, absolutely piss funny. Yes slightly mean to his relatives but by all accounts he was a complete bully/twat on set with lesser mortals.

Worth seeing without having read the book?

I went into it knowing nothing and found it to be decent 7/10, would have scored less if I'd watched it at home (I watched it in IMAX), cinematography made up for some of the slower pacing.

It's a part 1 and feels like it to be honest, setting up for what hopefully is an action packed part 2.

My scoring is actually on the lower end to most.

Reactions: cjn
Honesty you will be completely lost

They drop little titbits of information about the universe they’re living in and expect you to understand everything. Lots unexplained.

A good piece of advice is to watch the start of the 80s movie. Despite being terrible, it explains the conflicts and turmoil of the world you're about to watch. (basically the prologue of the book) You’ll understand the new movie a lot better and also see the gaping holes you’re meant to understand.

Beautiful movie visually.

Last edited:
If you like a good western, you can't go wrong with "Old Henry"

You can download it now or watch it on a "variety" of sources.

Looks great and has top acting.

The storyline is the best bit and takes a beautiful turn that I didn't see coming.

Honesty you will be completely lost

They drop little titbits of information about the universe they’re living in and expect you to understand everything. Lots unexplained.

A good piece of advice is to watch the start of the 80s movie. Despite being terrible, it explains the conflicts and turmoil of the world you're about to watch. (basically the prologue of the book) You’ll understand the new movie a lot better and also see the gaping holes you’re meant to understand.

Beautiful movie visually.

I hadn't seen the old movie or read the book and I was fine with it.

It spends quite a long time explaining the core conflict and where everyone stands in it. There's a lot of names and characters that get thrown at you but as for plot they literally spell it all out in the first few minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjn
I hadn't seen the old movie or read the book and I was fine with it.

It spends quite a long time explaining the core conflict and where everyone stands in it. There's a lot of names and characters that get thrown at you but as for plot they literally spell it all out in the first few minutes.
Yeah they do but having read the book and watched the old movie there’s so much left out and you get thrown into without having any of the background. You can’t appreciate the weight and importance of the scenes in the new movie if you are a new viewer IMO :)

Manhunter remains one of my favourite films.
On tonight, ITV4 HD @ 21:00

ebDlkEhk.gif

Spider-Man 1 & 2 from the Sam Raimi trilogy, will watch 3 at some point over the next week. Prepping for all the multiverse of madness and no way home stuff, no sure how much it'll all tie in but can't hurt to watch them.

Film's are average though, no more than a 6 or 7/10 for either.

Edit: Maybe a touch harsh, villians in both are good, maybe they're slightly above average just don't like them as much as I did when they first came out.

Spider-Man (2002) - 6/10
Spider-Man 2 (2004) - 6.5/10

Last edited:
Spider-Man 1 & 2 from the Sam Raimi trilogy, will watch 3 at some point over the next week. Prepping for all the multiverse of madness and no way home stuff, no sure how much it'll all tie in but can't hurt to watch them.

Film's are average though, no more than a 6/10 for either.

Best ones IMO, might watch a few tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.