Last Film You Saw

He's shit in everything. Completely unintentional comedy in House of Gucci, and just listen to how he describes filming -

“I was snorting lines of arrabbiata sauce by the middle of this movie. I had olive oil for blood. This was a deep dive I did. If you took a biopsy of my skin, it would come back as parmesan cheese! This is my love letter to Italy.
“Bringing Paolo to life was like birthing a bowling ball out of my sphincter. I keep saying my butt was shaking like two little chicken bones on that set. It was a very physical performance. There’s something about corduroy, I think: when you put it on, it’s like you can catch fire.”
“Yes, I had an Italian accent and I enjoyed and embraced that, and lived in that space as much as I could,” he continued, “and for as long as I possibly could. I climbed into that creative cave and came out through the bowels and intestines into the oesophagus of the one and only Paolo Gucci.”
It really can't be overstated how shit he is in this film after reading that. The accent is awful, it's like Mario impression.
I liked his performance in American Psycho but perhaps that’s because he gets killed off quite quickly.

It’s fun watching his face be obliterated in Fight Club too.

The Tomorrow War

Chris Pratt's new-ish movie on Amazon Prime. The concept is my kind of movie, just not executed very well.

People from the future 28 years from now are fighting aliens and losing. They need the help of people from the present day (their parents and grandparents).

It's long but not noticeable. They rushed the last hour, could have tied it together a lot better. Good enough to chill out to and have a snack and drinks but it won't change your life.

6/10

Old Henry.

9/10
A film with the cinematography style and sweeping outdoor vistas inspired by The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007) with all the gristle removed, making it a lean and classically crafted old fashioned Western with familiar tropes, that flew by (99 mins) leaving me wanting more.

8/10

Last edited:
Tequila Sunrise....hadn't watched it in years. An oldie but goody.

Rock Star....it's naff but I enjoyed the music.

A film with all the cinematography style and sweeping outdoor vistas inspired by The Assassination of Jesse James (2007) with the gristle removed, making it a lean and classically crafted old fashioned Western with familiar tropes, that flew by (99 mins) leaving me wanting more.

8/10
There should be oscars flying at that movie. Its brilliant.

A film with all the cinematography style and sweeping outdoor vistas inspired by The Assassination of Jesse James (2007) with the gristle removed, making it a lean and classically crafted old fashioned Western with familiar tropes, that flew by (99 mins) leaving me wanting more.

8/10

Ahem. I think you mean The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

A film with a title befitting its running time.

Actually one of my favourites, so I'll check Old Henry out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.