Last Film You Saw

pudge said:
foetus said:
2001: A Space Odyssey......Worth watching or is it just one of those movies people pretend to like to seem 'cool'?

Also are Shutter Island and The Big Lebowski worth watching? (no spoilers please)
No, Shutter Island is not worth watching.

At all.

It's horrible.

Disagree about Shutter Island, but only after watching it for a second time. When I first watched it I was somewhat disappointed, especially with the ending. However, I watched it for a second time last week and was absolutely blown away. Its a masterful piece of film-making on second viewing, IMHO. I won't elaborate as I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen it. Scorsese has produced a very subtle and clever piece, aided by some really impressive performances, made all the more so when you appreciate the story within a story element.

Highly recommend you give it a second go :)

No6 said:
pudge said:
foetus said:
2001: A Space Odyssey......Worth watching or is it just one of those movies people pretend to like to seem 'cool'?

Also are Shutter Island and The Big Lebowski worth watching? (no spoilers please)

At all.

It's horrible.

Disagree about Shutter Island, but only after watching it for a second time. When I first watched it I was somewhat disappointed, especially with the ending. However, I watched it for a second time last week and was absolutely blown away. Its a masterful piece of film-making on second viewing, IMHO. I won't elaborate as I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen it. Scorsese has produced a very subtle and clever piece, aided by some really impressive performances, made all the more so when you appreciate the story within a story element.

Agree with this its a great film but it does need to be understood and probably does need a second viewing.

Just watched The Imitation Game. Wow what a well made film, they treated Alan Turing really badly back then, I bet they wish they could turn the clock back now cos but for him we'd all be speaking German for sure. 8/10

No6 said:
pudge said:
foetus said:

At all.

It's horrible.

Sorry, can't agree.

There's nothing to give away as the big "twist" is painfully obvious.

I didn't miss or misunderstand anything when I watched it I just thought it was shite. Each to their own, it's just not for me.

Films can be rather strange things.

They can produce great actors, but not a great film or director.

They can produce a great director, but not a great actor or film.

They can produce a great film, but not a great director or actor.

"Selma" is the latter.

I think it's because I have grown up with the story of Dr. King and all the triumphs over adversity, that I forget he was still just a Human Being. British actor David Oyelowo carries off the voice of Dr. King amazingly well (in fact it actually gets better as you watch the film!), but something was lacking in the presence, for me and I think it is what I said before.

Having said that, if this film was last year or next year, I think he would, hands down, walk away with the Oscar.

Fellow Brit, Eddie Redmayne's portrayal of Prof. Stephen Hawking, stands in his way.

The Imitation Game. A really good film, although it would've been nice if they could've explained Christopher in some way, not that I'd have been able to understand it if they did. I imagine the subject matter to be too complex though for it to mean anything to the average viewer.

Dumb and dumber to

Had to force myself to like it all if i am honest.
Needed more visual comedy and less attempts at humour via dialogue.

If i was 12 again i would probably call myself i miserly old **** though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.