Last Film You Saw

Big Hero 6

Better than I expected, the ending dragged on a bit though, but a great animated film.

Bigga said:
Films can be rather strange things.

They can produce great actors, but not a great film or director.

They can produce a great director, but not a great actor or film.

They can produce a great film, but not a great director or actor.

"Selma" is the latter.

I think it's because I have grown up with the story of Dr. King and all the triumphs over adversity, that I forget he was still just a Human Being. British actor David Oyelowo carries off the voice of Dr. King amazingly well (in fact it actually gets better as you watch the film!), but something was lacking in the presence, for me and I think it is what I said before.

Having said that, if this film was last year or next year, I think he would, hands down, walk away with the Oscar.

Fellow Brit, Eddie Redmayne's portrayal of Prof. Stephen Hawking, stands in his way.

Flippin' 'eck, mate, you called it! No acting nominations or directing nomination, but nommed for 'Best Picture'.

You're pretty good at this!

And despite only getting 2 noms, it's VERY hard to look past this for the award as their is a lot of pressure for it to be recognised in some way after deciding not to recognise Ava DuVernay's direction, which would have been the first time a Black women would have been selected.

This could be a political vote.

I'd like to know if there is a film you haven't seen Bigga :)

I've just watch American sniper. Thought it was a decent watch. Would never be in anyone's favourate I don't think but a watchable offering.

Bigga I'd be interested to know what your favourate films are?

America Sniper.

Texas-pewpewpew-fit bird-pewpewpew-pregnant/family man-pewpewpew-heartwarming scene-pewpewpew-I'm coming home-pewpewpew-END

johnny on the spot said:
America Sniper.

Texas-pewpewpew-fit bird-pewpewpew-pregnant/family man-pewpewpew-heartwarming scene-pewpewpew-I'm coming home-pewpewpew-END
pew-pew-pew-merica.jpg

I enjoyed American Sniper but then I read up on the guy the film is based on and to put it bluntly the guy was a sociopath. They tried to make him seem more human in the film with him struggling with his conscience over each shooting and struggling to adapt to his home life when in reality the guy was your stereotypical "fuck yeah America!" type who revelled in every single life he took and even joked about it in his book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.