Last Film You Saw

Its an awful film

The acting is wooden as fuck and the script is very underwhelming and cheesy.

The Vikings/Last Kingdom series are different level entirely.

An interesting take and have questioned my own view.

For some reason, I really enjoyed the mash of styles and could see what was being attempted, which is where some of the appreciation came from.

The other being that it reminded me of a latter day filming style/ story telling. Not deep, really, but then came the onion layers to peel away with the realisation of his life being a lie, but being Alpha enough to carry on?

I found it really interesting what Eggers was experimenting with.

Had to watch The Northman again, just couldn't get it out of my head after watching it the first time. I'd nudge it up to an 8.5 on second viewing, visually stunning and eggers just knows how to tell a story.

Had to watch The Northman again, just couldn't get it out of my head after watching it the first time. I'd nudge it up to an 8.5 on second viewing, visually stunning and eggers just knows how to tell a story.
Haha. I had to rewatch too. I'm not really a big fan of Nicole Kidman but I thought she was excellent in this. I really like Willem Dafoe as well. There's something about Eggers films that really gets me like no other. Tarantino does that also but in a different way.
9/10

I believe his next one is a remake of Nosferatu, the very old Vampire movie, that'll no doubt be creepy as all hell, I can actually see Willem Dafoe playing a warped evil Vampire :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.