Last Film You Saw

The Vikings series has done very very well and that's with "Strange accents" it didn't harm the watchability at all.

Overall the film was a bit shit, anticipated by many with a great cast and put together by a man with crayons, harsh but true.
Its an awful film

The acting is wooden as fuck and the script is very underwhelming and cheesy.

The Vikings/Last Kingdom series are different level entirely.

The Vikings series has done very very well and that's with "Strange accents" it didn't harm the watchability at all.

Overall the film was a bit shit, anticipated by many with a great cast and put together by a man with crayons, harsh but true.
Incomparable, the majority of actors in Vikings are Nordic. They also do a much, much better job with those accents and the way they explain it at the start of the series makes it seem more authentic.

The problem is he always needs to add his style to things, and IMO it always comes across as up his own arse and that really doesn't match greatly with something like this.

The whole film is niche, all of his are. The type of people who refuse to watch films with subtitles aren't going to go out their way to watch this anyway.

He has made three films. The other two are low or lower mid-budget.

He got offered the big bucks to make a movie and that doesn't come without some compromise (especially when you have only made two films).

If it was in a non-English language and with the same budget then it would be high up this list. And would have probably performed even worse than it did.

He has made three films. The other two are low or lower mid-budget.

He got offered the big bucks to make a movie and that doesn't come without some compromise (especially when you have only made two films).

If it was in a non-English language and with the same budget then it would be high up this list. And would have probably performed even worse than it did.

Yeah fair point, but i do feel it would have added something to the film.

Just watching Close Encounters. God knows how many times I've seen it now (must be in the dozens) , but it's still one of my favourite ever films (definitely in my top ten). Yes, it's dated a bit over the years. The special effects are clunky compared to the all singing, all dancing CGI and blue screen stuff these days. But it has a certain charm, and an innocence about it. Dreyfuss is absolutely fantastic in it, as is Melinda Dillon (Gillian). I just pray that Hollywood doesn't ever remake it. That film must also have been manna from Heaven for that area of Wyoming around Devil's Tower. It looks like it's a fairly rural area, with not much else to attract tourists. If you're one of these Sci-Fi fanatics, it must be on your list of must visit places.

Just watching Close Encounters. God knows how many times I've seen it now (must be in the dozens) , but it's still one of my favourite ever films (definitely in my top ten). Yes, it's dated a bit over the years. The special effects are clunky compared to the all singing, all dancing CGI and blue screen stuff these days. But it has a certain charm, and an innocence about it. Dreyfuss is absolutely fantastic in it, as is Melinda Dillon (Gillian). I just pray that Hollywood doesn't ever remake it. That film must also have been manna from Heaven for that area of Wyoming around Devil's Tower. It looks like it's a fairly rural area, with not much else to attract tourists. If you're one of these Sci-Fi fanatics, it must be on your list of must visit places.
Which version?

watched Operation Mincemeat, love true war stories 7/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.