Last Film You Saw

The Warriors (again) but having just been to NY, got subway to Coney Island, got off at Stillwell avenue, went on the big wheel, went on to the beach from the boardwalk. Something ticked off my bucket list
Just watched this on a huge outdoor screen in the main square in Bologna tonight with a couple of thousand people which was a bit surreal. Had totally forgotten the movie apart from the iconic ’ warriors come out to play’ scene - liked it, but preferred the Wanderers from that era

The Warriors (again) but having just been to NY, got subway to Coney Island, got off at Stillwell avenue, went on the big wheel, went on to the beach from the boardwalk. Something ticked off my bucket list
Was the soundtrack playing in your head all the way?

Reactions: ob
I'd you like mindless slashers with a lot of gore and no real plot. I loved it, Art the Clown is an excellent character.
I typed in terrifier on you tube website and it said 'cut from vigini to head sene' so of course I click on it.. this Art the clown guy.. is it worth watching the full film for him? Is he complex?

I typed in terrifier on you tube website and it said 'cut from vigini to head sene' so of course I click on it.. this Art the clown guy.. is it worth watching the full film for him? Is he complex?
I'd watch it again for sure.

Complex? No. He literally shows up and kills a load of people. No back story, no development. Proper b-movie stuff. Like I said, I loved it.

I'd watch it again for sure.

Complex? No. He literally shows up and kills a load of people. No back story, no development. Proper b-movie stuff. Like I said, I loved it.
I'm not judging man, just wondered if there was anything else to it.
I wasn't keen on the scene I saw of it, reminded me of bone tomahawk, everything has its place and whatnot

Everything everywhere all at once 9/10

Probably the most insane movie i ve ever seen with soooo many laughs.... just laughing even thinking about it.
Yep, Michelle Yeoh turns out to be very funny indeed. In fact her whole performance was spectacular. It is pretty sad that she never got better roles, but this goes a long way to make up for it. I was also wowed by her on screen daughter.

Some modern film making with loads of detail and fast cuts slammed together I feel like I'm too slow to enjoy it, it makes me feel a little nauseus or tired. I didn''t feel the same about EEAAO. I loved it. I think they got a lot of important things about Asian Cinema that a lot of directors really miss when they try to incorporate them and do the over-stylised / mashed up style. It's a love letter to countless films, performers and directors, and just counting the people and films it bought to mind makes me want to get back into that scene very badly.

It's like someone making a Jazz album, I think, or an old school hip hop record. Originally Jazz wasn't safe. Neither was hip hop. It became safe over time. You could make something dead, numbing, horrible, either by just going through the numbers, or even worse, by trying to recreate the sort of chances and raw edge those genres had back in the day and missing the mark, missing the inspiration and genius.

To get something as crazy and legit as the originals, still with a real and individual character you can't ignore, is beyond rare. It's pretty much a miracle. That's sort of what this film is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.