Last Film You Saw

Yep, Michelle Yeoh turns out to be very funny indeed. In fact her whole performance was spectacular. It is pretty sad that she never got better roles, but this goes a long way to make up for it. I was also wowed by her on screen daughter.

Some modern film making with loads of detail and fast cuts slammed together I feel like I'm too slow to enjoy it, it makes me feel a little nauseus or tired. I didn''t feel the same about EEAAO. I loved it. I think they got a lot of important things about Asian Cinema that a lot of directors really miss when they try to incorporate them and do the over-stylised / mashed up style. It's a love letter to countless films, performers and directors, and just counting the people and films it bought to mind makes me want to get back into that scene very badly.

It's like someone making a Jazz album, I think, or an old school hip hop record. Originally Jazz wasn't safe. Neither was hip hop. It became safe over time. You could make something dead, numbing, horrible, either by just going through the numbers, or even worse, by trying to recreate the sort of chances and raw edge those genres had back in the day and missing the mark, missing the inspiration and genius.

To get something as crazy and legit as the originals, still with a real and individual character you can't ignore, is beyond rare. It's pretty much a miracle. That's sort of what this film is.

This is was a really REALLY good review!

I'm glad someone else has written like this as I used to do this years ago and found I'd get a bit carried away examining the film without giving it away! Now I say what I say as briefly as possible.

Excellent, though, and I hope you carry on with it!

Infinity wars and End game, so we came to the end of our family viewing over the last few months and my wife and daughter really loved it. These two films were the culmination of 10 years and what a way to go 9/10 for me. I still remember the cheer on the cinema with the hammer scene, never experienced anything like that in the cinema before.
Now we move onto the next phase with Spider-Man and Shang Chi, I don’t think they need to watch the tv shows I can fill them in.

What is a Woman? Matt Walsh’ goes in search of the question no one can answer.

Thought it was good. He gives just enough rope and doesn’t tend to preach. Interesting

Lightyear. Good fun, as long as you don’t think too hard about it and take it for what it is. The people panning it are the ‘universe nerds’ trying to retrofit it against every scene of the Toy Story movies.
Sox, Lightyear’s ‘therapy cat’ steals the whole thing.

Saw it myself on Sunday. Nothing wrong with it at all, I enjoyed it.

So… out of 10? 9 for me. Not nearly as divisive as I expected, and dare I say, sensible in most aspects.

I'm impressed by the logical outcome and it destroys a lot of today's discussion on the notion of being a woman.

What really shocked me (besides the crazy wokeism around gender) was the use of puberty blockers. Shocked me to my core to know some "qualified" doctors can distribute this medication to a small person not mature enough to understand feelings on their own gender can float throughout their growth.

And then there's the pressure of social media and being 'accepted'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.