Last Film You Saw

"Dear White People" and no, I'm not about to write an open letter!

This was one film I was highly sceptical about, having seen some unimpressive clips. I thought I would bite the bullet and not judge it from what I'd seen and I'm quite glad of that decision having seen said clips in context.

The older generation may remember a film from the very late 80s called "Do the Right Thing" by Spike Lee, which turned out to be a highly controversial and emotive subject of racial matters set within a poor neighbourhood of Brooklyn(if I recall).

This takes that idea, tips its hat and updates it to the middle class/ rich university settings and adding in other factors. It's a very worthy modern day version of Spike's joint that asks the right questions that "DtRT" did not.

Impressive.

Barcon said:
Blue Maverick said:
Badadook load of shite 4/10

You should have read my post before you watched it. I think I threatened to kill the **** that said it was good :)

Watched unbroken last night, pretty good and worth watching.

Is that the prequel to Brokeback Mountain?

stony said:
Barcon said:
Blue Maverick said:
Badadook load of shite 4/10

You should have read my post before you watched it. I think I threatened to kill the **** that said it was good :)

Watched unbroken last night, pretty good and worth watching.

Is that the prequel to Brokeback Mountain?

It's the sequel, where the locals have to throw a bucket of water on them.

I saw '71 last night, brilliant film. I was apprehensive about watching it in case there was bias or an agenda but there wasn't. It demonstrating shocking acts from all sides without being specific.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.