Last Film You Saw

Fall
I watched "Fall" last night, literally one of the most stressful films I've ever seen :) Didn't sleep well.
Don't watch it if heights freak you out haha.

No idea how they filmed it.

Emily The Criminal 8/10

Emily (Aubrey Plaza) is saddled with student debt and locked out of the job market due to a minor criminal record. Desperate for income, she takes a shady gig as a "dummy shopper," buying goods with stolen credit cards supplied by a handsome and charismatic middleman named Youcef (Theo Rossi). Faced with a series of dead-end job interviews, Emily soon finds herself seduced by the quick cash and illicit thrills of black-market capitalism, and increasingly interested in her mentor Youcef. Together, they hatch a plan to bring their business to the next level in Los Angeles.

Emily The Criminal 8/10

Emily (Aubrey Plaza) is saddled with student debt and locked out of the job market due to a minor criminal record. Desperate for income, she takes a shady gig as a "dummy shopper," buying goods with stolen credit cards supplied by a handsome and charismatic middleman named Youcef (Theo Rossi). Faced with a series of dead-end job interviews, Emily soon finds herself seduced by the quick cash and illicit thrills of black-market capitalism, and increasingly interested in her mentor Youcef. Together, they hatch a plan to bring their business to the next level in Los Angeles.
I've seen good reports about it.

Almost Famous is on Sky Movies tonight at 10:30. If you haven't seen it, and have access to Sky Movies, do yourself a favour and watch it. Brilliant film. With a very underrated performance from one of my favourite actresses, Frances McDormand. And the Elton singalong scene on the bus is fantastic.

Was going to take a look at "Blonde", the Marilyn Monroe biopic. But some of the reviews on IMDb are pretty lousy. Will probably give it a swerve.
6xhzdOa.jpg

Andrew Dominik's Blonde (2022) is basically a re-imaging of Scorsese's Raging Bull (1980)

Substituting the faithful recreation of Jake LaMotta's boxing fights with snippets from Marilyn Monroe's film career, using stunning cinematography to accomplish the set pieces and ably supported by an ethereal music score composed by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis.

Both films are also similar in following the downwards spiral of the domestic life of the main protagonists, except there's no final redemption for Norma Jean.

Ana de Armas portrayal of Marilyn Monroe is utterly captivating throughout, yep her Cuban accent slips through from time to time, but there were many moments in the film when I genuinely thought I was watching real archive footage of the iconic star.

A dark and depressing film, interspersed with rare moments of joy, yet fascinating to see it all unfold, like Raging Bull (1980) Blonde (2022) is not a comfortable watch.

Last edited:
Andrew Dominik's Blonde (2022) is basically a re-imaging of Scorsese's Raging Bull (1980)

Substituting the faithful recreation of Jake LaMotta's boxing fights with snippets from Marilyn Monroe's film career, using stunning cinematography to accomplish the set pieces.

Both films are also similar in following the downwards spiral of the domestic life of the main protagonists, except there's no final redemption for Norma Jean.

Ana de Armas portrayal of Marilyn Monroe is utterly captivating throughout, yep her Cuban accent slips through from time to time, but there were many moments in the film when I genuinely thought I was watching real archive footage of the iconic star.

A dark and depressing film, interspersed with rare moments of joy, yet fascinating to see it all unfold, like Raging Bull (1980) Blonde (2022) is not a comfortable watch.
I love copy and paste.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.