Last Film You Saw

Frontera

Decent enough film about illegal Mexican immigrants arriving over the border and to America.
On of my favourite actors is in it Ed Harris.

6.9/10

10 Cloverfield Lane - 6.5/10 - claustrophobic thriller in the Cloverfield universe, John Goodman is decent enough as the slightly suspect bunker owner.

All my Friends Hate Me - 7/10 - black UK comedy about a fella meeting up with old mates for a birthday and things going very sinisterly, but whose fault is it? Anxiety fest. Good film though.

Phantom of the Open - 6/10 - saccharine comedy about the true life story of a fella from Barrow shipyards (originally Manchester) who entered the British golf open on a whim, with two year's practice, and then continued to enter in disguises. Easy going, light hearted but ultimately the fact what he did is true, is the by far the best bit.

Nope - 7.5/10 - Alien thriller, nicely paced and shot, some nice ideas about exploitation in Hollywood (i think?). Unsure, but i still enjoyed it.

Gawain and The Green Knight - 8/10 - a David Lowery/Dev Patel remake of the Arthurian tale. I think this is very good myself, bit trippy and a nice remake of this tale. He is a confused, normal, contradictory bloke not making great choices and the film is very well made

Brian and Charles - 8/10 - British film about a wacky inventor in Wales who creates a robot. It (the robot) goes through development like a child. heartwarming, ultimately, but i've a soft spot for very low key British films like this, and the thoughts on society and loneliness.

Los renglones torcidos de Dios (English name)Gods Crooked Lines

Loved it twists and turns all the way through it… 8/10

Alice, a private investigator, checks into a psychiatric hospital feigning paranoia with the goal of collecting evidence for the case she is working on: the death of an inmate in unclear circumstances. But the reality she faces in her confinement will exceed her expectations and cast doubt on her own sanity. An unknown and exciting world will open before her eyes.

Highlander, a classic from 1986, now in glorious 4k, absolutely banging soundtrack and a great film, with the Egyptian with a Scottish accent Connery, a Frenchman in the lead role who could barely speak English and whos eyesight wasn’t the best (hence the strange look on his face) and finally a mad movie villain The Kurgen. They should never have made the daft sequels. 8.5/10.
Remember it’s better to burn out than fade away!

Amsterdam ,decent film ,got a bit of the chosen brother vibe.
guillermo del toro's pinocchio 2022 fantastic film 9/10

Emancipation very good 7.4/10

A runaway slave forges through the swamps of Louisiana on a tortuous journey to escape plantation owners that nearly killed him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.