Last Film You Saw

Love Actually, always on the run in to Xmas this gets given a whirl, so while tucked under PJs, dressing gowns and blankets me and the wife watched it, great film to get you in the mood for Xmas 8/10, yes I’m a soppy bastard at heart.

Yeah it was!

It was a shame I didn’t watch the 1st movie called A Christmas Story which was made in 1983 with the main character being the child?! I watched it after this one and thought it was great especially the part where the child swore!

A Christmas Story>

Christmas is approaching and 9-year-old Ralphie Parker wants only one thing: a Red Ryder Range 200 Shot BB gun. When he mentions it at the dinner table, his mother's immediate reaction is that he'll shoot his eye out. He then decides on a perfect theme for his teacher, but her reaction is like his mother's. He fantasizes about what it would be like to be Red Ryder and catch the bad guys. When the big day arrives, he gets lots of presents including a lovely one from his aunt that his mother just adores. But what about the BB gun?

The kid in the original was in a few films I remember watching as a kid in the 80s. Russkies and The Dirt Bike Kid. I'm off work for a few months now recovering from a RTC, so I'm gonna have a trip down memory lane and revisit them all.

The Hanging Tree

Gary Cooper
Carl Malden

Pretty good western...although they ruined some of these 50s film with silly music imo. 6.2/10

Avatar: The Way of Water (2022) - 9/10

Could be a 10/10 not sure yet, I watched it in 3D IMAX, as a cinema experience it is unbelievable. Visually you don't get better than this, i'd seen the trailer but I was still in awe. The story holds up as well, hits all the right spots emotionally. I might go again over Christmas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.