Last Film You Saw

Trolls..drinking Turkish delight liquor.

Only problem is I keep humming 'Can't stop the feeling' by Justin Timberlake now. I need to catch up with Happy Valley to kill any joy...

Just watched ‘The Banshees Of Inisherin’.
In Bruges is one of my all time favourite films so I’ve been looking forward to seeing this. It’s brilliantly written, filmed and acted but Jaysus it’s bleak!
In Bruges is brilliant.
I was looking forward to this a lot.
The twats.

On tonight, BBC2 HD @ 22:30

mk1AVLD.jpg

Heat (1995)

A group of bank robbers, led by Neil McCauley, feel the heat from Vincent Hanna, a volatile cop in charge of the investigation. An intense rivalry develops between them, as one pursues the other across the city of Angels.

Richard Torena: "I could get killed for telling you this $hit."
lsdRJaW.gif

Vincent Hanna: "You could get killed walking your doggie!"
tu3xhUI.gif

My thoughts were the polar opposite, though when you think about it, is there anything more alike than the north pole and the south pole? I bet if you were teleported to one you couldn't guess which one you were at. 50/50 at best.

That's not true really, I thought the acting was great.

I missed the magic in this film, cos I've been entertained by all of Macdonagh's stuff and so maybe I built it up in my head. My dad loved it, I said I think I'm missing something, is there a tale in the bible? (Which i haven't read by the way) and then I'll get it? Dad's a Catholic you see, but, not read the fucking Bible either. so no help there.

My dad drinks tea, I prefer coffee, so i guess it was not my cup of coffee, sadly

Interesting.

I didn't look for any biblical connections, I focused on the trapped in small island mentality, where nothing changes and looking for some kind escape aspect.

I think there are layers that are bypassed, in the film, that are very easily missed.

For some reason i decided to watch First Blood the other night in 4k. I had this on VHS as a kid, it was one of the only films i actually had on tape when i was a kid and i must've watched it hundreds of times. Like most 80s films, scripting is terrible and the acting mostly wooden but more fool me, i've ended up watching Rambo 2 & 3 as well.

Last edited:
Interesting.

I didn't look for any biblical connections, I focused on the trapped in small island mentality, where nothing changes and looking for some kind escape aspect.

I think there are layers that are bypassed, in the film, that are very easily missed.
It must require a rewatch then..I always feel dumb when the prevailing view is positive of a certain thing, and I didn't get it:/
I got the 'a guy is getting old, death isnt that far off, so I'm gonna ditch one of my boring younger mates' thing, straight away. But I'm sure there's more, there always is

Best bit was the Mozart thing. He chops his fingers off despite getting the century of Mozart wrong, which you'd think he'd have known.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.