Last Film You Saw

Aftersun, debut feature from Charlotte Wells about an estranged father trying to reconnect with his 11 year old daughter on a package holiday in Turkey, set in the early 90s judging from the soundtrack. Not for those who like a strong narrative, this is slice-of-life drama with naturalistic acting. Brilliant debut performance from
Frankie Corio as the daughter. Paul Mescal also great as the dad fighting his inner demons. Not a lot happens, it's very subtle film-making but I found it very affecting. 8/10 from me.

Heat. Sometimes think Pacino overacts the parts but maybe that’s the part he plays?
Vincent Hanna (Pacino) had a coke habit, which was in the early drafts of the script, but not portrayed in the film*, which explained his manic behaviour/outbursts.

"Give me all you got!"
lsdRJaW.gif

*There's a scene where Hanna takes cocaine on his way into the nightclub to talk to his informant about "Slick" that was cut out of the final release.

Last edited:
Psycho.

As a huge horror fan I understand why it's a classic, but my lord it has not aged well. The editing is absolutely awful, the special effect techniques just look a bit naff now, and that's not down to the age of the film, as other films of the same time or even earlier have much better SFX.

The acting, although of a different time, is a bit crap too.

Still happy to have it in the collection but not one I'll watch too often.

It must require a rewatch then..I always feel dumb when the prevailing view is positive of a certain thing, and I didn't get it:/
I got the 'a guy is getting old, death isnt that far off, so I'm gonna ditch one of my boring younger mates' thing, straight away. But I'm sure there's more, there always is

Best bit was the Mozart thing. He chops his fingers off despite getting the century of Mozart wrong, which you'd think he'd have known.
You didn't miss anything, and the film definitely doesn't require a rewatch. Trust your own judgement. Posterity will not be kind to this film.

Vincent Hanna (Pacino) had a coke habit, which was in the early drafts of the script, but not portrayed in the film*, which explained his manic behaviour.

"Give me all you got!"
lsdRJaW.gif

*There's a deleted scene where Hanna takes cocaine on his way into the nightclub to talk to his informant about "Slick" that was cut out.
I understand the acting now. Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.