Last Film You Saw

Rio Lobo

Western starring John Wayne, Jack Elam, Jennifer O'Niell.
Not in the same league as Howard Hawks' masterpiece Rio Bravo, or the excellent El Dorado, Rio Lobo is still an overall good western. I love Jack Elam, great actor.

7.3/10

The wimmin in Rio Lobo.
EzQSjSC.gif

You didn't miss anything, and the film definitely doesn't require a rewatch. Trust your own judgement. Posterity will not be kind to this film.

@MellowJoe

If you're interested enough to re-watch something with a fresh point of view, do it. If you feel it may hit differently, great.

You, also, may well retain your first conclusion.

Psycho.

As a huge horror fan I understand why it's a classic, but my lord it has not aged well. The editing is absolutely awful, the special effect techniques just look a bit naff now, and that's not down to the age of the film, as other films of the same time or even earlier have much better SFX.

The acting, although of a different time, is a bit crap too.

Still happy to have it in the collection but not one I'll watch too often.
How well can it age? It is from 1960. Of it time, but well ahead of its time

Did you like the first one? I loved the first one it was a 8.5/10 for me! Not seen the new one yet! Oh there is a 3 and a 4 coming too..

If you loved the first, you'll love the second. I love them both, the second is probably slightly better.

I watched it in 3D IMAX and from what I hear that really enhances it, I want to watch it again and I'm tempted to go back and watch it normally to see the difference.

The Banshees of Inisherin.. weird one
Boring. Complete Oscar bait. One of those movies you make deliberately boring and weird so the viewers would be scared of calling it out because to do that would mean you have little imagination and you aren't artsy enough to pick on the creative elements of the movie.

Boring. Complete Oscar bait. One of those movies you make deliberately weird so the viewers would be scared of calling it boring because to do that would mean you have little imagination and you aren't artsy enough to pick on the creative elements of the movie.
My thoughts exactly.

I think if you had two little known actors starring in it people would call it a B movie dud.

My thoughts exactly.

I think if you had two little known actors starring in it people would call it a B movie dud.
Completely pretentious. Wasted more than 2 hours of my time watching it and the sad thing is I was actually trying to force myself to find funny moments in the movie. Ended up with a headache after watching it, not because it had a complex storyline or anything like that but because of how boring it was. I loved the other movie the both of them were in, I think it was called "In Bruges". This one was a complete waste of two outstanding actors

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.