Last Film You Saw

Rarely have I enjoyed a day off whilst the weather is shit and I'm not feeling well!

I have just finished "Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre".

I like this Guy Ritchie film making. In fact, I would say it's all his work culminating in something almost as perfect as he could deliver! A little 'Bond', a pinch of 'Ethan Hawke', a dash of comedy, adventure, violence and double entendré and you have a possible franchise in the future!

I found myself laughing out loud in the first 15 mins with the writing and delivery, Brit style! Got me relaxed and locked in!

Great pacing, but slightly over edited, I found it kept my attention really well. Ritchie, obviously, has his core team of actors to pick from (Statham, Grant, Malone), but the addition of the excellent Plaza into that core (hopefully) gives the team a brilliant balance with that competitive female, edgy, comedic energy she brings. I'm a huge fan of Plaza and this role is simply made for her.

Highly enjoyable film without being spectacular, I recommend it.
I thought it was the weakest Ritchie film, some very forced fast backwards and forward dialogue. I’m sure Hugh Grant was playing the same character from The Gentleman (great film), 6/10 for me very average.

I thought it was the weakest Ritchie film, some very forced fast backwards and forward dialogue. I’m sure Hugh Grant was playing the same character from The Gentleman (great film), 6/10 for me very average.

100% agree with Grant, but I wasn't focused on that. Without Plaza's involvement it would have been "Gentlemen", so pointless!

In terms of completion as a film, it's his best, so that's why I rated it. As a whole, I much prefer "Sherlock Holmes", but it's not complete. The dialogue is decent but the direction patchy.

I think he'd love to redo that given his experience now.

This film, in my opinion, is his most even yet as a 'typical' Ritchie stamp.

100% agree with Grant, but I wasn't focused on that. Without Plaza's involvement it would have been "Gentlemen", so pointless!

In terms of completion as a film, it's his best, so that's why I rated it. As a whole, I much prefer "Sherlock Holmes", but it's not complete. The dialogue is decent but the direction patchy.

I think he'd love to redo that given his experience now.

This film, in my opinion, is his most even yet as a 'typical' Ritchie stamp.
Have to disagree, Lock Stock and Snatch are far superior, followed by Gentleman.

Have to disagree, Lock Stock and Snatch are far superior, followed by Gentleman.

It's all about opinion, my friend.

I saw great potential in Ritchie's directing, but then he changed style, which is fine. In this film, I saw some retention of past style come in, which made it more interesting.

We all see different things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.