Last Film You Saw

The Flash (2023) - 7/10

Watched The Flash in IMAX last night, decent movie, first hour is a bit slow and then it gets pretty good as the story starts to develop, some great cameos in it as well. Moving forward I think they could easily recast Ezra Miller and work it into the timeline story. I don't know whether the IMAX made it look worse but some of the CGI wasn't great. I still think The CW's Flash TV show is a better watch for the story but if you haven't got time for that then this is a decent re-telling.

I agree with pretty much all of that.
Good start and then too long doing 'comedy' brat. Once they went to the big house (to avoid spoilers), it got its mojo going.
Ray Bradbury should be due some royalties.

The TV show definitely handled it better.

Watched The French Connection on iPlayer last night. Not seen it for about 40 years but still ace. You still picking your feet in Poughkeepsie?
Sequels are quite frequently not up to the standard of the Original. But there's a couple Godfather 2 is immense and The French Connection 2 is awesome as well. Its a while since I've watched it maybe I'll watch it one afternoon this week when not oined by my missus or Grandkids lol.

The One I Love
Mark Duplass
Lizzie Moss

Sometimes you watch a film and afterwards think wtf ? what a load of bollocks. Only 3 people in it. And it made no fucking sense at all. But you had to keep watching to see the outcome........and then, there was no outcome.

The Flash (2023) - 7/10

Watched The Flash in IMAX last night, decent movie, first hour is a bit slow and then it gets pretty good as the story starts to develop, some great cameos in it as well. Moving forward I think they could easily recast Ezra Miller and work it into the timeline story. I don't know whether the IMAX made it look worse but some of the CGI wasn't great. I still think The CW's Flash TV show is a better watch for the story but if you haven't got time for that then this is a decent re-telling.
O mate the CGI is ropey in places especially the speed bowl thing, apparently the director has said it’s intentional, I call bollocks, overall I liked it though.

I hadn't realised that they'd made 3 endings, one each time the studio heads changed. The canning of some films caused some endings to be dropped, and Cavill got cut - the concept of the ending was the same each time, I think.

O mate the CGI is ropey in places especially the speed bowl thing, apparently the director has said it’s intentional, I call bollocks, overall I liked it though.

The speed bowl was one of the parts I was thinking of. In fairness there is a comic book element to it, so maybe it was intentional. I thought some of the running looked really goofy as well.

Enjoyable enough though.

I hadn't realised that they'd made 3 endings, one each time the studio heads changed. The canning of some films caused some endings to be dropped, and Cavill got cut - the concept of the ending was the same each time, I think.
Ye originally they had Keaton, super girl and Cavill, then Gunn decided to reboot so they all got binned I think the ending we got was a last minute shoe in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.