Last Film You Saw

Crash (2004)

There was a time when this was my favourite film of all time, then I didn't watch it again for years and thought it can't be that good, until tonight.

What a superb film this is.

There are two scenes in particular that get me. The car crash scene with Thandie Newton and Matt Dillon, context is EVERYTHING in this scene.

And the scene where the Persian guy confronts the locksmith outside his home.

No other film has ever stirred such emotion as this.

9.5/10.
Was trawling back on this thread this afternoon to try and find something inspiring after the recent dross I'd seen, love the scenes you refer to also - not sure how I missed this one 9/10

The Last Sentinel - set in the near future when nearly all of the earth is covered in water

not an awful lot happens if truth be told

After a very long break re - watched "The Abominable Doctor Phibes" starring the unforgettable Vincent Price. The grisly story of a mad cadaver's revenge on a team of surgeons who failed to rescue his dying wife by using the Biblical plagues of Egypt - rats, bats, blood, hail etc. An absolute camp classic. Surely the basis for "Seven"

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023). Spielberg lite. Apart from a couple of amusing moments (particularly at the very beginning and then at the very end), it’s just passable. Phoebe Waller-Bridge has never been so unfunny.

Saw the new Wes Anderson film “Asteroid City” tonight and really enjoyed it. Very quirky, brilliant cinematography, very funny in parts, Scarlett Johansson naked (I thought it was a body double, especially as there’s a joke about that in the film itself, but it’s really her).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.