Last Film You Saw

What could possibly go wrong

giphy.gif

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023). Spielberg lite. Apart from a couple of amusing moments (particularly at the very beginning and then at the very end), it’s just passable. Phoebe Waller-Bridge has never been so unfunny.

I thought it felt like an Indiana Jones film just fine, but was somehow missing something. I think it's much what you say - the Waller-Bridge character didn't mesh well for the first half, and was plain annoying, smug and lacking any redeeming characteristics (Gervais syndrome of writing the same character for themselves every time?).

PWB seemed to have weird lighting that gave her a perfect appearance quite at odds with the situation it was in.

Beau Is Afraid. What the f**k did i just watch ? A mind-bending hallucinatory head-f**k of a film. Reminded me of Gaspar Noe stylistically, especially Enter the Void. Three hours long but to be fair i was never bored and Joaquin Phoenix puts in a performance. But this is Ari Aster's weakest film to date (his previous two being Midsommar and Hereditary). Seemed to run out of ideas near the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.