Last Film You Saw

Oppenheimer I liked it more than Tenet, probably because I could understand it. The sound is unreal you must see in the cinema to appreciate it, fascinating story about someone I knew very little of apart from the obvious. Lots of backwards and forwards with timelines but it’s easy to follow. 7/10

I try to be objective with Nolan, but he cannot tell a story because he gets in his own way too much.
It becomes clear very early on in Oppenheimer that Nolan sees himself in the main character. He just can’t help it. There’s one bad line of dialogue about “self-importance” that’s a clear failed attempt at a self-deprecating moment.

I do disagree with you on Wes Anderson, though. Apart from a few of his movies, I usually like him a lot

Make your own mind up.

Its one persons opinion,and while he may be correct,on the flip......some dont know their arse from their elbow when it comes to qualit
Toying with the idea of actually spending money, and going to see the new MI at the local flea pit.
Easy watch……if you’ve nothing better to do….

Do go! Like I said, I never like Nolan. If you do, you likely will enjoy this one.
Why did you go if you have watched enough Nolan films to have formed such a hatred for him and his work?

That’s like someone on here going to watch united.

It becomes clear very early on in Oppenheimer that Nolan sees himself in the main character. He just can’t help it. There’s one bad line of dialogue about “self-importance” that’s a clear failed attempt at a self-deprecating moment.

I do disagree with you on Wes Anderson, though. Apart from a few of his movies, I usually like him a lot

I, actually, re-wrote what I said about Nolan and took out the part where I thought he 'inserts himself' into the films he makes and re-worded it. But I see, we're similar in thinking when it comes to Nolan.

As for Anderson, I'll agree to disagree.

For me, there's and energy and pacing that permeates through almost every single product he brings and it's really self limiting.

It's his issue, though, only reaching a smaller and smaller scope of audience with his style... Ironically not too dissimilar to Nolan.

Why did you go if you have watched enough Nolan films to have formed such a hatred for him and his work?

That’s like someone on here going to watch united.
That’s my problem, not yours?
I am a cinephile, watching bad movies isn’t a problem because it keeps expanding my understanding of the medium. The more movies I watch, the better. And who’s to say one day he won’t change my mind? It’s happened with other filmmakers in the past.
One thing I can say about Oppenheimer is that it wears its references pretty transparently on its sleeve, and to notice them is always a good exercise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.