Last Film You Saw

Possessor

Possessor is a 2020 science fiction psychological horror film written and directed by Brandon Cronenberg. It stars Andrea Riseborough and Christopher Abbott, with Rossif Sutherland, Tuppence Middleton, Sean Bean.

Another love or hate kinda film. I really liked it.

7.7/10

Oppenheimer. Very bad. I should admit I qualify as a near Nolan hater — it’s what being tortured by all his movies all these years has done to me. He made this one for all the wrong (political, historical and ethical) reasons, which explains why the writing is bad prestige tv level from start to finish. To make it all the more unbearable, he cast a parade of movie stars in every role that all try to out act each other with every line of dialogue; very few come out of this unscathed (Matt Damon survives the most, I’s say). One of the Safdie brothers (whom I’m a fan of — as directors) really embarrasses himself in this.

Oppenheimer. Very bad. I should admit I qualify as a near Nolan hater — it’s what being tortured by all his movies all these years has done to me. He made this one for all the wrong (political, historical and ethical) reasons, which explains why the writing is bad prestige tv level from start to finish. To make it all the more unbearable, he cast a parade of movie stars in every role that all try to out act each other with every line of dialogue; very few come out of this unscathed (Matt Damon survives the most, I’s say). One of the Safdie brothers (whom I’m a fan of — as directors) really embarrasses himself in this.
With the bar set at Interstellar, I’m hoping for big things from his latest. Booking next Friday or the one after to watch it.

One of my regrets is not watching Interstellar on IMAX. Won’t be making that mistake with Oppenheimer.

With the bar set at Interstellar, I’m hoping for big things from his latest. Booking next Friday or the one after to watch it.

One of my regrets is not watching Interstellar on IMAX. Won’t be making that mistake with Oppenheimer.
Everyone who is worth listening to is saying it's a masterpiece. I still can't see it getting close to Interstellar though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.