Last Film You Saw

In terms of his recent stuff, Color Out of Space is brilliant. Bizarre but highly watchable sci-fi Lovecraft horror. Mandy also very good and in a similar style, kinda Hellraiser on acid vibes.
I didn't last all the way through that, but I thought Mandy was great - his best in recent times.
Going back further, there's all the obvious stuff like Con-Air, Raising Arizona, Face/Off, The Rock, Joe, Lord of War, Adaptation, 8mm, Leaving Las Vegas... cute rom-coms like The Family Man and It Could Happen to You are kinda nice to watch now and then as well. And even the duds like The Wicker Man are funny to watch with a couple of bottles of something or other. Oh and, for families, I remain convinced that the National Treasure movies are some of the best pound-for-pound entertainment you can get.

I'm not a big fan, but I'd say a lot of his early films are genuinely "worth watching":
Rumble Fish - B&W film about life in a street gang, Mickey Rourke, Francis Ford Coppola directs. Not bad.
Birdy - Vietnam vet becomes obsessed with becoming a bird
Moonstruck - Cher, very decent rom-com
Wild At Heart - Absolute mayhem from David Lynch, Nic Cage is Laura Dern's psycho lover "Sailor"
Red Rock West - Very good modern noir
Leaving Las Vegas - Cage as a terminal alcoholic, very strong performance
Bringing Out The Dead - As an ambulance driver in New York, directed by Scorcese, underrated movie IMHO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.