Last Film You Saw

I Am Mother (2019) - 8/10 - Robot AI raises human in a bunker. There's a few robot/human films like this now, Ex-Machina and Her immediately spring to mind and also the gentler Robot & Frank, but this one is probably the slickest. Raises a few ethical posers and a bit of creepy action as well. I enjoyed this.

Baato (2023) - 7/10 - Nepalese/British (Aus?) documentary about Nepalese villagers making their way to market. Brilliant for scenery and cultural stuff. You sometimes need a bit of this.

Stowaway (2021) - 5.5/10 - Mission to mars that goes cock-eyed once they find a random stowaway. First half i sort of enjoyed, but it's a slower techy sci-fi (near future) that slows to nearly standstill in the second half.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022) - 5/10 - Nick Cage in a tongue in cheek comedy about himself. Really let down by this one, thought it was far too goofy and the comedy a bit pants. Has its moments, some funny lines, but thought it might be a bit more subtle. Anyway, daft and over long.

Everything Everywhere All at Once
not sure whether to score this 2/10 or 9/10, probably the latter but may have to watch it again to be sure

The Offence, starring Sean Connery and directed by Sidney Lumet was on Talking Pictures TV last night. Caught up with it at last.

I, fucking, love that film! I think I was 16/ 17, sat at home, when it came on TV. I was riveted!

It was the first time I thought a director captured the snap in the human psyche. Of course, the film is of it's time, but the underlying current is timeless.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse

Hadn't read anything prior to watching so didn't realise this was the first part of a two-part movie series. Probably my only gripe with it tbh. That and now having to wait a while till the 2nd part is released.

Trilogy, so we're waiting for the third part. To be fair, there was doubt a second one would have been made, so the team have created a trilogy from a tentative standalone.

But, yes, you're right, otherwise, it comes out next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.