Last Film You Saw

I thought Civil War was pretty good. Similar to old war journalism movies really - just more made up because it was set in the future rather than the past.

It highlights that its not too far fetched to imagine a civil war (and its inevitable atrocities) in the west of the future. And no where more so than in the US for many reasons.

That said I didn't really have too much of a liking for many of the main characters and the first half could have been a little more interesting/ engaging/ quicker.

Last edited:
The Garfield Movie - Anyone dreading taking offspring to this, don't worry - plenty of 'Dad jokes' to keep you amused. I actually stayed awake which is a minor miracle for a kids film........

Civil War at best a 4/10, no real story line, just a pretend war photographer road trip movie.

The script must have been piss easy to write as its either loud music or people shouting at each other.

Honestly wonder if Hollywood has lost the ability to make good movies.

I didn't mind it but I can see why you would be annoyed if you paid to watch it as it was a very different film to what it was marketed as. I actually didn't mind the war photography angle but there was so much more potential to do something more engaging with the subject matter. Didn't really touch on any of the big political issues in America or what may have caused the war or gave it a human element. 6/10 for me.

Also watched Boy kills World and Abigail which both come under daft but enjoyable ways to pass an evening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.