Last Film You Saw

Anyone seen "The Fall Guy"? It seems to have received fairly positive reviews.
Strange film I don’t think it knows what it wants to be, comedy, action, love story all at the same time but it doesn’t work, if you do watch it, stay until end of the titles.

Boy Kills World

Don't know why but I bloody loved it. Mapple apple camels might have done it for me.

And H. Jon Benjamin as the narrator - fantastic choice.

Last edited:
Haha.

Just watched Civil War. It's good, but would have been better if it had nailed down it's actual message.
One of his weakest movies and I am not sure there is any message to it. But compress it to a few minutes of those scenes with Jesse Plemons and it is worth ploughing through just because of it.
But is doesn't save the movie, the hommage to Apocalypse Now is silly and from there to the very ending it is getting more and more preposterous.
What starts as a civil war on apocalyptic scale, ends with a tank and a few soldiers capturing and executing president of the USA

Strange film I don’t think it knows what it wants to be, comedy, action, love story all at the same time but it doesn’t work, if you do watch it, stay until end of the titles.
It seems a natural progression and expression of many of the directors previouse films tbf, the john wick series, violent night, deadpool 2 and bullet train to name a few plus as an ex stuntman sure he said it his his love letter to the profession

As a fan of the original series, though for a FOC like me isn't as good because what ever is, but it's aimed at a modern cinema audience

It's a popcorn movie akin to 80s stuff and not serious, much like roger moores bond run (something it alludes to), miami vice and others, however they do have to throw in a romancing the stone type love story in too, you switch off sensibility and either enjoy it or don't, doubt it is trying to be anything more.

I didn't mind it but doubt I would rewatch it

Last edited:
It seems a natural progression and expression of many of the directors previouse films tbf, the john wick series, violent night, deadpool 2 and bullet train to name a few plus as an ex stuntman sure he said it his his love letter to the profession

As a fan of the original series, though for a FOC like me isn't as good because what ever is, but it's aimed at a modern cinema audience

It's a popcorn movie akin to 80s stuff and not serious, much like roger moores bond run (something it alludes to), miami vice and others, however they do have to throw in a romancing the stone type love story in too, you switch off sensibility and either enjoy it or don't, doubt it is trying to be anything more.

I didn't mind it but doubt I would rewatch it
John Wick, Deadpool 2 and Violent Night are all perfectly watchable throwaway movies, all well done. This isnt. I dont think its the Director thats the problem, more the writer Drew Pearce who has a less than stellar list of previous writing credits (probably not one of the writers who went on strike).

As regards the target being the modern cinema audience, my lad who's in his very early 20s thought it was utter shite, as did his straw poll of both his male and female mates (all what would be called Gen Z from a variety of backgrounds), admittedly a small sample of youngsters, but you would have thought one of them would have had something good to say.

Maybe its aimed at Millennials who love Gosling from the turgid shite which was La La Land. Its a shame as well (although probably not for his bank balance) because Gosling can act.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.