Last Film You Saw

Some fantastic acting in it as well. Sidney Greenstreet (Signor Ferrari), Paul Henreid (Victor Laszlo) and Claude Rains (Captain Renault) are stand outs in it.
And the memorable dialog...

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns in all the world,..."

"Here's looking at you kid"

"I'm shocked! Shocked to find that gambling is going on here."

The anti-reading and anti-multitasking movement speaks. I used to be the same.
The lack of knowing the actors, cast, directors etc certainly counterbalance that effect of subtitles. It becomes second nature to follow, but you can't exit a room at any time. Pause buttons are remarkable.

Some of the greatest movies that I've seen haven't come from Hollywood. Some of the weirdest have been in Cantonese or Korean though! Good movies make you feel, regardless of linguistic ability, or following words on the screen.

There's some amazing Korean stuff, something in the water there don't think I've ever watched a bad Korean film or series.

The anti-reading and anti-multitasking movement speaks. I used to be the same.
The lack of knowing the actors, cast, directors etc certainly counterbalance that effect of subtitles. It becomes second nature to follow, but you can't exit a room at any time. Pause buttons are remarkable.

Some of the greatest movies that I've seen haven't come from Hollywood. Some of the weirdest have been in Cantonese or Korean though! Good movies make you feel, regardless of linguistic ability, or following words on the screen.
To be honest, I hate dubbed. If I'm watching a foreign film, I always look for the subtitled version. Train to Busan, Parasite were superb films and I think it really helps having the proper intonation from teh actors. I love how in the Korean films, the disdain is so clear in the delivery when the pronunciation gets prolonged.

Same with Netflix Spanish speaking shows like the superb Narcos and Money Heist

Blood for Dust 3/10 very forgettable and generic crime thriller. Jon snow does a shit American accent and plays an unconvincing gangster. The main character is completely bland and uninteresting. Just avoid.

In the Last Stop in Yuma County 8/10 watch this instead. Has you gripped from start to finish one of the best films I've watched recently. Reminds me a little bit of Reservoir Dogs.

Watched the Road House last night 6/10. Actually a lot better than I was expecting, mindless but entertaining. McGregor seemed to have fun basically playing himself. That black speedboat they go on to the sandbar is a bit of kit aint it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.