Last Film You Saw

Never gonna read the books mate so what is the true ending?

Loved the films.
I know they cut a lot out , Peter Jackson says so in interviews due to length of the films.

In the books, which many call one of the most important chapters, but jackson dismissed as anticlimatic, saroman and wormtongue don't die as he rewrote but have taken over the shire with a band of bandits (not orcs) destroyed most building and turned it into a polluted shithile
After being arrsted upon return Pipin, merry and Sam raise a revolt to take back their home, wormtongue does kill sarpman bit is then spared by frodo andnallowed to live amondlgst the hobbots and find redemtion

Only reference in the film is the crystal ball of galadria, telling of a possible future
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scouring_of_the_Shire?wprov=sfla1

Reactions: MMA
Never got the appeal of the LOTR stuff. Or Harry Potter. Or those dragons and sorcery films and TV series. Or the comic book films (Marvel, DC etc).
So not a fantasy fan, nowt wrong with that, I have zero interest in mafia stories hence why bar maybe goodfellas I never could get into the godfather or sopranos, and other of that ilk.

Though because I am not a big fan I don't begrudge others liking them, that isnyhe wonder of a vast array of genres, something for everyone

So not a fantasy fan, nowt wrong with that, I have zero interest in mafia stories hence why bar maybe goodfellas I never could get into the godfather or sopranos, and other of that ilk.

Though because I am not a big fan I don't begrudge others liking them, that isnyhe wonder of a vast array of genres, something for everyone
Different strokes for different folks, innit? Those genres I listed above are hugely popular, so I guess I'm out of line with a hell of a lot of people.

Never got the appeal of the LOTR stuff. Or Harry Potter. Or those dragons and sorcery films and TV series. Or the comic book films (Marvel, DC etc).
Me neither, just don't get the attraction of any of that.

I liked GOT till the fucking dragons appeared. Then I stopped watching.

I'm also sick of films & tv shows about drug cartels where people murder each other at the drop of a hat.

The Marvel franchise has destroyed the movie industry, pleased to say it's looking like the obsession with them is fading fast.

That's partially correct, but I think you'll find the weak stories and over diversifying of content has been the most problem to films. I don't think the audience minds a reasonable amount of diversity in films, but to over saturate has been an issue and, as I say, the poor baseline to stories just to get them out has stopped audience participation.

Basically, the balance is all off.

There are levels of 'inclusion' that's completely fine, but to have agendas smashed in your face is off putting as a whole, especially if a storyline doesn't reflect it as a baseline.

That's partially correct, but I think you'll find the weak stories and over diversifying of content has been the most problem to films. I don't think the audience minds a reasonable amount of diversity in films, but to over saturate has been an issue and, as I say, the poor baseline to stories just to get them out has stopped audience participation.

Basically, the balance is all off.

There are levels of 'inclusion' that's completely fine, but to have agendas smashed in your face is off putting as a whole, especially if a storyline doesn't reflect it as a baseline.

A decent summation there Bigga.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.