Last Film You Saw

Were you murdering someone as you gave your excellent film review? Sick but respect if so.
Thanks Christie.

i love Bale's physicality when he kills Paul Allen dancing around his apartment doing the review. The film really surprised me to be honest and lived up to the hype. Really found it interesting that the director is female

It's an older movie but watched American Psycho for the first time this week. Christian Bale is very good in it and I enjoyed the movie. Bale and the audience both suffering from a lack of catharsis at the end

It actually helps if you are a legitimate bona fide psych before you play the part, great film.

Was going to ask for opinions on "The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare". Decided to try a search, and opinion seems to be generally favourable. Worth a look, then?

Braveheart, started watching it last night, I had to turn it off after half an hour, bloody awful from Mel Gibson what a shit Scottish accent.

Braveheart, started watching it last night, I had to turn it off after half an hour, bloody awful from Mel Gibson what a shit Scottish accent.
Will always be in my top 10 films of all time.

The scene where he arrives where his new wife has just had her throat slit is one of the best scenes in cinematic history.

Absolutely epic battle scenes, a proper 9/10 film.

Last edited:
Will always be in my top 10 first of all time.

The scene where he arrives where his new wife has just had her throat slit is one of the best scenes in cinematic history.

Absolutely epic battle scenes, a proper 9/10 film.
Totally and utterly historically inaccurate, but a great film no doubt! As long as you consider it a work of fiction and not a well-researched biopic.

Amazing music too, especially the song 'A Gift of a Thistle'. It gets so so good at 40 seconds.

Totally and utterly historically inaccurate, but a great film no doubt! As long as you consider it a work of fiction and not a well-researched biopic.

Amazing music too, especially the song 'A Gift of a Thistle'. It gets so so good at 40 seconds.

The sequel was truly awful. Completely forgettable.

The sequel was truly awful. Completely forgettable.
I didn't even know they made one until you said - usually I am up on these things.

What I say above - it's interesting. People get angry even when they butcher stuff like comic books and novels brought to the screen - and those are adaptations based on fictitious events.

So it's no wonder people laugh when they are inaccurate about things that actually happened.

I will give you another example - I watched Manhunt on Apple TV Plus recently - a 7-episode miniseries about Abraham Lincoln's assassination. To get more invested, I read the primary source article of his assassination on the New York Times website, as the paper was about back then in 1865...

It's absolutely nothing like the show. The representation of Wilkes Booth is different, and so is other stuff. Lincoln also seems shabbily acted. Now, if that miniseries was a work of fiction, it would be brilliant. However, because it's based on something that actually happened (and the book of it, which was apparently much superior), it has people mocking it due to historical inaccuracy.

On Braveheart too - love the scene when he returns her the thistle. I am not usually an overly romantic type, but it softens my heart. Murron looks so beautiful throughout this entire scene (and the whole film to be fair). And you can see when she realises his identity and that he's carried and preserved the flower for her for decades and the astonishment on her face (1.05).

Accompanied by the great music and not a word spoken at that bit (as when she hands him the flower as a child).

People think Braveheart is an action film, but it's actually a love/romance film disguised as an action movie. In the movie, William Wallace goes on a rampage because the love of his life is murdered and he can never get over it. Her spirit is the last thing he sees when he is hung, drawn and quartered.

In the film, he didn't want any trouble until she was killed. He wasn't comfortable with everything going on, but he just wanted to live happily ever after with her, despite all the problems the English were causing for Scotland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.