Last Film You Saw

Saw a trailer for the Christopher Reeves movie so decided to fire up Superman, it’s in 4k and Dolby Atmos, just wow it looks and sounds amazing for a 46 year old film! Reeves will always be the Superman even with all the reboots and new one next year 8/10.
The documentary on his life looks very good as well.

Not sure I could watch, far too upsetting. He will always be superman. Watching it when it came out at the cinemas was brilliant as a kid. For its time it was amazing.

I actually love that film, 5/10 is really harsh
Maybe I was a little harsh, I just hoped for better. Plus the Morricone music is the same piece being played over and over again and it spoiled it a bit. His film scores were beautiful and he was better than that.

Saw a trailer for the Christopher Reeves movie so decided to fire up Superman, it’s in 4k and Dolby Atmos, just wow it looks and sounds amazing for a 46 year old film! Reeves will always be the Superman even with all the reboots and new one next year 8/10.
The documentary on his life looks very good as well.

Without doubt he is the best and I remember going to the pictures to see it and loved it.

I actually love that film, 5/10 is really harsh
State of Grace (1990) is a criminally underrated/ignored Irish mafia/mob film, with Gary Oldman producing one of his finest performances as a volatile thug with blind loyalties to his elder bother, Ed Harris chewing the scenery and Sean Penn brooding his way throughout the film with Robin Wright, in her film debut providing the love interest [and in real life to Penn].

A film littered with mob characters spotted in other classics of the genre, a haunting score by Ennio Morricone [which sounds familiar as parts were recycled in later films like Bugsy], cinematography provided by the son of the Blade Runner cinematographer and a violent climactic shootout that John Woo would be proud of.

Pity it was released in the cinema (UK) at the same week as Goodfellas (1990) which meant the film was completely overshadowed by Scorsese's classic and quietly faded in its wake.

State of Grace - Final bar shootout.
v63gjVo.gif

Last edited:
State of Grace (1990) is a criminally underrated/ignored Irish mafia/mob film, with Gary Oldman producing one of his finest performances as a volatile thug with blind loyalties to his elder bother, Ed Harris chewing the scenery and Sean Penn brooding his way throughout the film with Robin Wright, in her film debut providing the love interest [and in real life to Penn].

A film littered with mob characters spotted in other classics of the genre, a haunting score by Ennio Morricone [which sounds familiar as parts were recycled in later films like Bugsy], cinematography provided by the son of the Blade Runner cinematographer and a violent climactic shootout that John Woo would be proud of.

Pity it was released in the cinema (UK) at the same week as Goodfellas (1990) which meant the film was completely overshadowed by Scorsese's classic and quietly faded in its wake.

State of Grace - Final bar shootout.
v63gjVo.gif

Yeah it doesn't get shown on the telly box much either which is a pisser. It doesn't get much better than Oldman, Penn Harris and Wright.

Awaits solicitors gag:-)

The Trap another M Night Shitafilm, first half was good in the stadium then it just went stupid 4/10
I watched this last night as well. Godawful. Cool premise but no pacing, no peril and in the end no point. 2/10 (1 for Josh Hartnett at least committing to the stupidity).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.