Last Film You Saw

Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1 [2024 - western - USA] - I am not sure where Costner is going with this revisionism of revisionist western, hmmmm...Even my cat managed to jump into my lap, cuddle a bit, fall asleep, wake up, cuddle a bit and then disappear somewhere before the movie ended. The Wyoming scenery is beautiful, although filmed in Utah. ;) ;) ;)

Desaparacer Per Completo (Dissapear completely) [2022 - horror - Mexico] As always Latin Amrican cinema is dependable at producing nice, little, smart horror movies.

Triple Frontier [2019 - USA - thriller] - I don't get it how Chandor managed to make this dud after his previous work. Money corrupts theme is crap; Ben Affleck, never the greatest of actors, is just bad and what and how Chandor did his change of character is laughable. It was good
was killed mid way through.

Oddity [2024 - Ireland - horror] - A watchable mystery-horror and nothing more, another one of those expecting something to happen are scary parts of the movie.

Aniara [2018 - Sweden/Denmark - sci-fi] - movie with brains, reminds me of High Life somehow, where it tries to go as a story.

Aniara [2018 - Sweden/Denmark - sci-fi] - movie with brains, reminds me of High Life somehow, where it tries to go as a story.
Space orgy!

w42ih7D.gif

The Vault, just been added to Netflix.

The fact there are no hardcoded subtitles for the numerous and lengthy Spanish dialogue is ridiculous, you either have to have them on for the whole film or none.

But apart from that, below average heist film.

Blink Twice - the new horror thriller directed by Zoe Kravitz. I liked it though it won’t be for everyone - it’s a bit of a throwback to 70s exploitation movies, particularly the rougher European ones, but it’s well made and a couple of the twists are clever.

I was surprised it was released with 15 certificate though. 20 years ago it would have been refused a certificate.

The Talented Mr Ripley - 8/10. Minghella does gorgeous people and sand and sea very well. Seymour Hoffman is perfect in every second he's on the screen.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.