Clash of the titans.
Jason and the Argonauts.
Gladiator.
Sinbad films.
Ben Hur.
Ten commandments.. ect ..
Love em.
Especially the old ones.
The Fall of the Roman Empire (esp the first hour)
Spartacus (again first hour best)
Ben Hur

They would be my Top 3. All sumptuous stuff :-)

Reactions: MMA
Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women! Shaw was brilliant as Quint. Urban legend is that he was pissed most of the time during shooting of the film.
Great movie but Quint's suicidal tendencies were sort of annoying when I rewatched it after many years.

Also they definitely needed a bigger boat.

The Shining, I have never seen this film! I suppose back in the day it worked as a psychological horror film, but I’ve seen that many it just seemed run of the mill, Nicolson seemed to over act it as usual where he does unhinged and you can see where his 89 Joker was based. I still think his best films are One Flew over the cuckoos nest and As Good As It Gets.
Anyway back to the Shining I thought the child actor stole the film and was up there with Damien from The Omen as a frightening child a film I still can’t come to watch again. I know many feel it’s a classic but it was just ok for me and 6/10, I’d love to drive along that road in the opening credits though.

The Shining, I have never seen this film! I suppose back in the day it worked as a psychological horror film, but I’ve seen that many it just seemed run of the mill, Nicolson seemed to over act it as usual where he does unhinged and you can see where his 89 Joker was based. I still think his best films are One Flew over the cuckoos nest and As Good As It Gets.
Anyway back to the Shining I thought the child actor stole the film and was up there with Damien from The Omen as a frightening child a film I still can’t come to watch again. I know many feel it’s a classic but it was just ok for me and 6/10, I’d love to drive along that road in the opening credits though.
Watched it back in the day and thought it was terrifying. Watched it again recently and I thought it really hasn't aged well. Slow and plodding with no real horror. The twin girls is still a good scene though.

Watched it back in the day and thought it was terrifying. Watched it again recently and I thought it really hasn't aged well. Slow and plodding with no real horror. The twin girls is still a good scene though.
Ye I can see that in 1980 like The Omen I get it was but not now. I’m going to watch Doctor Sleep which is a follow up and more modern see how it goes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.