Last Film You Saw

We saw Beetlejuice Beetlejuice last night. What a mess of a film - but I still enjoyed it.

Keaton is still incredibly good in the role despite pushing 75 now, but Catherine O'Hara steals the film IMO - her delivery is brilliant throughout. Almost all the comedy comes from the two of them.

Plenty of typical Tim Burton weirdness, and the new cast additions - mostly Jenna Ortega and Willem Dafoe - are great, but I thought there were way too many plotlines and not enough time (it's very short for a blockbuster at about 1hr45) to explore them all properly.

As a fan of the original and a huge fan of the musical, I had feared that this would be awful - and it definitely isn't awful, but it's still a bit messy in a way that only Burton can produce. Wish it had been longer. Three stars for me.

Ye was gutted walking out :( it's my opi though you may have a different view point. Some funny moments but could have been so much better. People were walking out saying how they enjoyed it as well.

If you watch it let me know.

I can see why you felt that way but personally disagree. I have always felt that the first film, while really enjoyable, wasn't brilliant either (I actually think the stage show is a better viewing experience) - I feel similar about this one. Really fun but very flawed.

I'll grant you, I think my expectations for any Tim Burton film have been incredibly low for my entire life; almost all of his really great stuff predates my birth by several years. So I can't blame you being disappointed with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.