Last Film You Saw

Gelsons Dad said:
No one else seen Enemy?
I highly recommend it but it will leave you wondering what the fuck it was about. I had to watch it twice before I twigged.

Coulda been a contender, but like I posted a couple of weeks back, it was over ambitious and up its own arse, when the director's subliminal messaging missed the spot. I got what he was doing(or trying to do), and it was on course, til he got all giddy with the crash onwards.

Waste of a great opportunity.

TangerineSteve17 said:
TCIB said:
Expendables 3 dvd screener has leaked for those that like that stuff.

So no-one then. Nah good shout, if I ever get the time I'll watch that. Seen the first 2, shit but good in a way. Still got some weird Russian film "Come and See me" to watch, (recommended on here) can't get round to it.

Anyway you should post more in the music thread, I've had Robyn and Ann Lee belting though my earphones on the bus all week.

Haha i shall endevour to satiate your musical needs sir :)

Yeah i watched the others and feel the same as you, not heard of the ruski flic, will check it out now on imdb boss.

Starred Up. Good but not great. I'm going to watch it again this weekend to properly make my mind up.

Under the Skin. Superb. As pretty as Scarlett Johansson is, her acting is a masterclass and completely overshadows that. Quite a feat.

Evil Dead (1981) love it.. but I had to stop myself putting the second one on instead!

Coffee Town.

Probably not most people's cup of Nescafé but it's the sort of low key, not much really happening, comedy that I like.

Sort of just trailed off towards the end though.

6/10.

Bigga said:
Gelsons Dad said:
No one else seen Enemy?
I highly recommend it but it will leave you wondering what the fuck it was about. I had to watch it twice before I twigged.

Coulda been a contender, but like I posted a couple of weeks back, it was over ambitious and up its own arse, when the director's subliminal messaging missed the spot. I got what he was doing(or trying to do), and it was on course, til he got all giddy with the crash onwards.

I thought the crash was perfectly placed and was an integral part of that moment after all it wasn't really a crash but represented the decision he had just taken. Without it the scene wouldn't have worked as one half would still be open.

Gelsons Dad said:
Bigga said:
Gelsons Dad said:
No one else seen Enemy?

I thought the crash was perfectly placed and was an integral part of that moment after all it wasn't really a crash but represented the decision he had just taken. Without it the scene wouldn't have worked as one half would still be open.

I get that, but if that scene was meant to be there as he planned it(which, of course has to be the case), then maybe the build up to it was poorly executed. It just seemed that he didn't know how to get to that pivotal point an so put the best version of arrival in.

The film, before that was actually beautiful in flow and timing(despite the whole artsy subliminal thing), so the crash seems like an afterthought.

Mine and your opinion come to loggerheads over this section! Viva le difference, I say...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.