Last Film You Saw

Hidden Figures. Cracking film about the important role played by black women in NASA in the 1960s, and the obstacles faced by them in segregated America.

Excellent performances by the 3 ladies in the leading roles. Also from Kevin Costner and, in a minor role, Kirsten Dunst.

Yes, saw that the other night. Thought it was excellent. Amazing story.

You may hate it, I can't speak for you as I don't know what sort of film you like. But give it a go anyway. And it isn't overly "preach-y" about the ludicrous segregation in America at the time.
I think that really helped the film. Instead of focusing on the horrendous negatives, they put more focus on her influence and her brilliant mind.

I think that really helped the film. Instead of focusing on the horrendous negatives, they put more focus on her influence and her brilliant mind.
Spot on. Certain directors would have made it all about the racial issues. Those three ladies (all of them were "real" people, not made up) deserved their story to be told without OTT political preaching. Loved the scene where, as a very young girl (7 or 8, maybe?), she solved a complex equation in front of a class full of teenage boys. The stunned expressions on their (and their teacher's) faces were priceless!

Bright......meh....4/10......just silly

Into the Blue.......6/10 ........ Fast n Furious underwater.....worth watching just for the Jessica Alba swimsuit scenes

Blood Diamonds.....7/10......Di Caprio doing what he does best

Grimsby........9/10.....quality laughs, even though I`ve seen it before

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.