Last Film You Saw

Watched Notting Hill again the other day. It wasn't any better than the first time around. And now strangely dated, somehow.

Aphex said:
Aphex said:
The Pope said:
Just seen Afflicted. It's a fresh new take on the found footage genre and while it's not particularly scary it gets your attention and there's plenty laughs too.
IMDB states its not out till July but it's available via torrent. Think it's done the rounds at Frightfest etc

8/10

Been waiting for this. Cheers.

Thought I'd follow this up, afflicted was excellent, really enjoyed it!

Yeah, done right its a great genre imo.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
"Bram Stoker's Dracula" (1992) Not as good as i remember, acting subpar from everyone and way to much of Vlad being loves woman. Overblown but ok.

However, Monica bellucci - smoking

And

Oldman is sensational as the count, it's only keanu and Ryder who let the side down!!!

Can't agree with you on Oldman pal, thought he was poor in that and he's usually great in everything, the Counts such a pussy in that film, give me Frank Langella's Drac every day of the week.

Watched 2 recently

"Ruthless People" one of my favourite comedies ever. Spot on performances all round but Bill Pullman steals every scene he's in as the thick as pigshit Earl, even looking at him makes me laugh
2n8y5o7.jpg

also Watched the blu ray of this last night
1zfk67l.jpg

above average 80s slasher. The 80s was the best decade for movies for me.

"Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit".

Okay, it was an average film, but what I have noticed is Branagh is reinventing his film direction style and it's beginning to give more access to mainstream work in Hollywood. The story isn't much to behold (something else Branagh needs to work on), but the 'Ryan' character has a solid 'beginning'/ reboot and Chris Pine is actually quite suited for the main role. Good to see Costner involved as well.

My highlight of the film, in fact, was a 20 sec cameo of one of my favourite TV soap characters ever, with a very good New York twang in his arsenal; Michael Starke.

...Or 'Sinbad' from 'Brookside', to you and me!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
"Bram Stoker's Dracula" (1992) Not as good as i remember, acting subpar from everyone and way to much of Vlad being loves woman. Overblown but ok.

However, Monica bellucci - smoking

And

Oldman is sensational as the count, it's only keanu and Ryder who let the side down!!!

Can't agree with you on Oldman pal, thought he was poor in that and he's usually great in everything, the Counts such a pussy in that film, give me Frank Langella's Drac every day of the week.

It's the truest representation to the book mate, which in itself makes it a brilliant performance...... The Dracula you're talking about from frank was an embarrassment, was more a comedy than anything....lord Olivier also stated it was without doubt the worse screenplay he had the displeasure of reading in 40 years in the business...

The misconception of stokers book is one that many get wrong, it's a love story with a metaphor for the inner demon.... I'd say knowing the character from the novel would of changed your perception bud, however, frank has great hair so it's all good (

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.