Last night performance will cost Bobby his job...

nigel

Now before I get an internet stoning this is an opinion NOT particularly what I wish...I'll explain

We were (and have been all season) nowhere near as good as Spuds to watch. The powers that be will not be happy with an approach to games where we are negative and last night we were hanging on from the minute we scored. Our owners want to win with style and increase the clubs and their own prestige...hanging on for sixty odd minutes and some piss poor performances isnt what they want.We qualified but it was hardly easy on the eye
Also its clear that there are various divisions in the camp and the manager has little control or discipline. In my opinion the group of Kompany , De Jong , Zab etc care...sadly it appears to me that Tevez, Yaya and maybe a couple of others do not and are beyond control.Whereas Johnson and the manager appear to have little time for each other

Also Bobbys buys have hardly set the world on fire...I thought Kolarov would be a great signing and he's fucking awful. Dzeko shines no better and although Ballotelli has talent most of the time is a liabillity.

I'm not sure Jose is the answer with his grunge football and self publicity machine but he would unite the group and his record is second to none

Once again its about opinions and for me the following should be on the shopping list whoever is manager next season

Sneidjer in a deal for the sadly on his way Tevez
Aguerro is a perfect replacement for Tevez as a player
Fernando Llorente to do the job Dzeko appears unable to
Juan Ramon Vargas for the problem left back spot

Just an few opinions (reaches for tin hat!)

n4jp54.jpg

last night was all about the result and guess what we won and qualified, RM hasn't had time to mould his team yet and I've no doubt we will march on and prosper. You don't get great football and results overnight, we'll be better next season.
BTW I've heard its David Villa who will replace Tevez.

behave, we needed 3 points from the last 3 games, we got them last night, now they dont have anything other than the final on their minds.

nigel said:
Now before I get an internet stoning this is an opinion NOT particularly what I wish...I'll explain

We were (and have been all season) nowhere near as good as Spuds to watch. The powers that be will not be happy with an approach to games where we are negative and last night we were hanging on from the minute we scored. Our owners want to win with style and increase the clubs and their own prestige...hanging on for sixty odd minutes and some piss poor performances isnt what they want.We qualified but it was hardly easy on the eye
Also its clear that there are various divisions in the camp and the manager has little control or discipline. In my opinion the group of Kompany , De Jong , Zab etc care...sadly it appears to me that Tevez, Yaya and maybe a couple of others do not and are beyond control.Whereas Johnson and the manager appear to have little time for each other

Also Bobbys buys have hardly set the world on fire...I thought Kolarov would be a great signing and he's fucking awful. Dzeko shines no better and although Ballotelli has talent most of the time is a liabillity.

I'm not sure Jose is the answer with his grunge football and self publicity machine but he would unite the group and his record is second to none

Once again its about opinions and for me the following should be on the shopping list whoever is manager next season

Sneidjer in a deal for the sadly on his way Tevez
Aguerro is a perfect replacement for Tevez as a player
Fernando Llorente to do the job Dzeko appears unable to
Juan Ramon Vargas for the problem left back spot

Just an few opinions (reaches for tin hat!)

At the end of the day, it wouldn't matter one jot whatever anybody said, did, or how MCFC performed on the field. If yer on the winners rostrum, it's mission accomplished and the owner's investment would have drawn the best possible result - WIN! Nobody bothered about the drab and drear stuff The Arse served up before the arrival of the likes of Bergkamp and Henry. One-nil to the Arsenal, one-nil . . . . etc. We will continue to draw the bile of the media whatever and however MCFC perform.

<<The powers that be will not be happy with an approach to games where we are negative and last night we were hanging on from the minute we scored. Our owners want to win with style and increase the clubs and their own prestige..>>

I think we have an ITK on our hands here - clearly knows the Sheikh personally

You need to realise that who you buy isn't nearly as important as how your team is set up and trained. Its a common misconception of Mourhino that he plays negative football. He only does that against superior attacking sides like his arch nemesis Barcelona. Chelsea in 2005 were arse raping teams 5-0 quite frequently, coincidently set up with the same formation as you're using 4231.

Against a side like Barcelona that will shred you open if you let them, it is necessary to play conservatively and hit them on the break. However for some reason you're currently playing defensively against inferior opposition as well, and from the City games I've seen you've thrown wins away because of it. Everton as an example; I thought you had established good control of the game, had them against the ropes, then retracted back into your shell and let them get back into it.

It almost looked like what Mourhino does with the execution all wrong. To kill the game you need to retain the ball (how Chelsea forced wins in 2006 onwards) and this is primarily accomplished with a world class holding midfielder to thwart opposition build ups and retain possession (we had Makelele for this). What you're doing wrong is conceding possession and soaking up the pressure. Everton punished you for it, and I'm sure you've lost a lot of points to other teams because of it, so imagine what Barcelona would do to you if you attempted to soak 90 minutes of them.

A team sheet full of superstars played incorrectly will just yield disappointment. Look at United to see what mainly individually average players can do with the correct coaching and tactics. Their ability to play as a team is second to none in this league at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.