Last night performance will cost Bobby his job...

So you'd rather see a flowing, open performance against Spurs? Pretty sure we tried that on numerous other occasions...and lost. Before last night, City had beaten Spurs TWICE at home in the history of the Premier League. The means more than justified the ends.

The owners have very little interest in the actual football.
They want results, and this season they wanted 4th or better.
If possible, they also wanted a Cup.

So far, job done. Not the best way to do it, but effective.
4th was essential to be able to attract the players we need to push on.

What we will now see is more freedom to play attractive football.
Since the Cup is win or lose (ie no points involved), you will see a different style of play.
Nobody will be saving themselves for the final two matches, even if there is a chance to leapfrog Arsenal.

Bobby has been under unbelievable pressure to deliver. People seem to think having vast funds makes the job easy.
It helps get players in, but at the same time the disruption this causes make "gelling" a team almost impossible.

We are now entering a whole new era. There will be a couple of new big signings over the summer. Three maybe four players will be going the other way.
The players that remain will be more secure, and the whole team will be able to settle.
There on, the club will just do the normal tweaks and adjustments season after season.

This stability will bring us success, not ploughing ever more money into the club.
As part of this....Bobby must be given time as i believe he can bring us even greater glorys........................

Oh Nige..

We have just qualififed for ECL for the 1st time and here we go with the negative threads. I look forward (not) to your post after we win the Fa cup (hopefully)
Our owners want success just like us fans do, although some fans wont be happy until we are languishing in Div 2 just like the good old days hey! I dont think the Sheik sits down and analyses performances and flair levels do you?
Explain why you think Yaya is uncontrollable and seemingly does'nt want to be here. When players are subbed (Johnson you mention) they should be pissed off, it shows they actually give a f*ck.
Would you be happy with constant 3-3 draws and the odd 4-3 but mid table or cup finals and champs league year on year?
FFS some fans dont deserve to support this club.
This thread should really be in the transfer forum under the heading "what i want for xmas"

Get a grip Nige

fulabeer said:

Since the Cup is win or lose (ie no points involved), you will see a different style of play.
Nobody will be saving themselves for the final two matches, even if there is a chance to leapfrog Arsenal.

Bobby has been under unbelievable pressure to deliver. People seem to think having vast funds makes the job easy.
It helps get players in, but at the same time the disruption this causes make "gelling" a team almost impossible.

We are now entering a whole new era. There will be a couple of new big signings over the summer. Three maybe four players will be going the other way.
The players that remain will be more secure, and the whole team will be able to settle.
There on, the club will just do the normal tweaks and adjustments season after season.

This stability will bring us success, not ploughing ever more money into the club.
As part of this....Bobby must be given time as i believe he can bring us even greater glorys........................

I like this.

I've said it before, there is a real myth that Spurs play attractive football.

Watching them last night only reaffirmed this to me, they play long ball to Crouch and hope to pick up knock downs. Corluka and Lennon worked quite well together but there plan is still the same. Most crosses are high and floating rather than whipped in to use Crouch's height. Full backs play long diagonal balls to Crouch and then hope they pick up the pieces in midfield.

I realise that Bale was injured last night and that may have hampered them somewhat but don't fall into the trap of Spurs play wonderful football and we don't. It's a myth that is in no way backed up by any statistic you can think of.

League Games Won : City 19, Tottenham 14
Goals scored : City 55, Tottenham 51
Points won : City 65, Tottenham 56
League position : City 4th, Tottenham 6th
Champions League places secured : City 1, Tottenham 0

I suggest that anyone there last night witnessed Tottenham's football in reality rather than the one painted by the arse licking media. Crouch ran around and fouled as many people as he could, elbowed people (Zab being the obvious one) and generally looked like a baby giraffe. The fact that he scored the own goal in the same end he scored the winner last season made it all the sweeter.

Mancini was given a mandate to get to the Champions League and then maybe win either the Europa League or the FA Cup. We have secured the first and now have the final to complete what, for us, would be a dream season. We will definitely finish in our highest ever PL position and are very close to beating our points record too.

Christ, just wait until we gel as a team.

bluezi said:
fulabeer said:

this

I like this.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Oh dear.
I wish someone would make plans for you,nigel.
Ideally involving a shovel and a shallow grave.

Bit harsh Nijinsky for expressing an opinion crikey !!! ...points and opinions taken and no offence taken

It wasn´t great last night but we were understandably nervy - Spuds on the other hand were able to play with freedom and no pressure. Barry was missed last night as well. Is he fit for Sat?

nigel said:
Now before I get an internet stoning this is an opinion NOT particularly what I wish...I'll explain

We were (and have been all season) nowhere near as good as Spuds to watch. The powers that be will not be happy with an approach to games where we are negative and last night we were hanging on from the minute we scored. Our owners want to win with style and increase the clubs and their own prestige...hanging on for sixty odd minutes and some piss poor performances isnt what they want.We qualified but it was hardly easy on the eye
Also its clear that there are various divisions in the camp and the manager has little control or discipline. In my opinion the group of Kompany , De Jong , Zab etc care...sadly it appears to me that Tevez, Yaya and maybe a couple of others do not and are beyond control.Whereas Johnson and the manager appear to have little time for each other

Also Bobbys buys have hardly set the world on fire...I thought Kolarov would be a great signing and he's fucking awful. Dzeko shines no better and although Ballotelli has talent most of the time is a liabillity.

I'm not sure Jose is the answer with his grunge football and self publicity machine but he would unite the group and his record is second to none

Once again its about opinions and for me the following should be on the shopping list whoever is manager next season

Sneidjer in a deal for the sadly on his way Tevez
Aguerro is a perfect replacement for Tevez as a player
Fernando Llorente to do the job Dzeko appears unable to
Juan Ramon Vargas for the problem left back spot

Just an few opinions (reaches for tin hat!)
Sorry but its so called supporters like you who must make our owners think "WHY SHOULD WE BOTHER"

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Oh dear.
I wish someone would make plans for you,nigel.
Ideally involving a shovel and a shallow grave.
HaHaHa
I feel this post is a little harsh but in this instance fair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.