Last night performance will cost Bobby his job...

It wasn't good but we have an extremely tough game at the weekend and we won last night without getting out of 2nd gear.

That's not to say that we haven't been boring at times this season (especially in the big games shown on TV - Semi Final aside) but, as we've seen, we have it in our locker to play arsenal-esque football.

One thing is for certain, PACE must be the word on our minds when drawing up transfer plans. Lennon was Spurs' only real danger last night.

danburge82 said:
nigel said:
Now before I get an internet stoning this is an opinion NOT particularly what I wish...I'll explain

We were (and have been all season) nowhere near as good as Spuds to watch. The powers that be will not be happy with an approach to games where we are negative and last night we were hanging on from the minute we scored. Our owners want to win with style and increase the clubs and their own prestige...hanging on for sixty odd minutes and some piss poor performances isnt what they want.We qualified but it was hardly easy on the eye
Also its clear that there are various divisions in the camp and the manager has little control or discipline. In my opinion the group of Kompany , De Jong , Zab etc care...sadly it appears to me that Tevez, Yaya and maybe a couple of others do not and are beyond control.Whereas Johnson and the manager appear to have little time for each other

Also Bobbys buys have hardly set the world on fire...I thought Kolarov would be a great signing and he's fucking awful. Dzeko shines no better and although Ballotelli has talent most of the time is a liabillity.

I'm not sure Jose is the answer with his grunge football and self publicity machine but he would unite the group and his record is second to none

Once again its about opinions and for me the following should be on the shopping list whoever is manager next season

Sneidjer in a deal for the sadly on his way Tevez
Aguerro is a perfect replacement for Tevez as a player
Fernando Llorente to do the job Dzeko appears unable to
Juan Ramon Vargas for the problem left back spot

Just an few opinions (reaches for tin hat!)
Get yer tin hat on, indeed! Can people give it a fucking rest, this vendetta is pathetic! We're supposed to be loyal fans of this club, are we not? Some people cannot just fucking wait to have a go about something. Some daft fuckers even have pre-written vitriol ready for anytime something goes wrong.

Mancini was given a directive when he was given this job and that was to get us into the Champions League. He's very very nearly done that now in 18months. He saw that we were a fucking disgrace defensively before he came to this club - and he'd be right to think that as we were a shambles at the back - and his number one priority was to sure up the defence. He has done this. Now we look sound defensively he has another 18months on his contract to get us scoring a few more goals.

His signings have all contributed well at some point. And why can't you give the ones who have maybe struggled a little so far a bit of time to settle in and gain some confidence? I could name dozens of players over the years who have gone to a club and struggled for one, two, even three years but then found their place and rhythm and become great players. Look at Lescott, it took him a good while to get right for us, now he's one of our best players. And he's 28 and been playing in England all his life; these foreign lads are 20-24 years old and have no experience of the Prem. Give em a fucking break.

While we're at it just look at that statement. "Yaya Toure doesn't care" FUCK ME! Silva is fucking immense - yeah shocking signing!

Jose is not the answer as there is no question! and you are disappointed with Macnini's style of play? well Jose's is even more defensive!

We've got the FA Cup final on Saturday and we should be behind every single thing at this club, not being like this! Let's be positive and spur them on to win!

No one is having a go its just peoples opinions

citymad said:
My question is what is going on in the training ground ? if you watch the rags, arsenal, liverpool and spurs its clear that they are taught a pass, move and support style. They're players always seem to be available for each other. We do it in spurts but we cant sustain it. At times last night the support play was terrible and I agree with Nigel we looked desparate. Thank god Spurs were awful with they're shooting last night. In the end we won because we defended like Lions and used tough tackling to stifle their play.

A couple of days after we beat Utd I read your comments on the matchday thread of that game.....Laughable to say the least. Probably one of the most clueless posters on here.

col40 said:
danburge82 said:
Get yer tin hat on, indeed! Can people give it a fucking rest, this vendetta is pathetic! We're supposed to be loyal fans of this club, are we not? Some people cannot just fucking wait to have a go about something. Some daft fuckers even have pre-written vitriol ready for anytime something goes wrong.

Mancini was given a directive when he was given this job and that was to get us into the Champions League. He's very very nearly done that now in 18months. He saw that we were a fucking disgrace defensively before he came to this club - and he'd be right to think that as we were a shambles at the back - and his number one priority was to sure up the defence. He has done this. Now we look sound defensively he has another 18months on his contract to get us scoring a few more goals.

His signings have all contributed well at some point. And why can't you give the ones who have maybe struggled a little so far a bit of time to settle in and gain some confidence? I could name dozens of players over the years who have gone to a club and struggled for one, two, even three years but then found their place and rhythm and become great players. Look at Lescott, it took him a good while to get right for us, now he's one of our best players. And he's 28 and been playing in England all his life; these foreign lads are 20-24 years old and have no experience of the Prem. Give em a fucking break.

While we're at it just look at that statement. "Yaya Toure doesn't care" FUCK ME! Silva is fucking immense - yeah shocking signing!

Jose is not the answer as there is no question! and you are disappointed with Macnini's style of play? well Jose's is even more defensive!

We've got the FA Cup final on Saturday and we should be behind every single thing at this club, not being like this! Let's be positive and spur them on to win!

No one is having a go its just peoples opinions
Well in my opinion, if you've got the stones to post it on the internet, you should have the stones to take what comes.

granted I think this is a very negative subject considering what we have just achieved (and with the cup final round the corner); but for fucks sake, the guy puts across a reasonable few points too debate and, as grown ups, we should realise that we're not all the same and have a bit of tolerance for the odd miserable sod every now and again.
City played last night as I expected. You can't completely change your approach to big games at the end of the season. We kept it tight, and although Spurs pinned us back at times we always came back into it and made chances.
I was always confident we would win the game; and I rarely have felt like that about City so therefore I think the tactics and performance were spot on.
I'm sure 2 or 3 big name/proven players will come to the blues now. A left back I hope and, even more so, some genuine class with pace (2 players) because we have been crying out for this in many games this season. Bellamy would have been a force in some of the away games we dropped points in.
Proud to be a blue though today and Mancini deserves to take us forward. Don't want Mourinho at all. He rarely stays beyond 3 years at any club.

Nigel, why are you so negative we have just qualified for the CL and are in the final of the FA Cup against Stoke, we should be looking back on this season positivly, not moaning about performences over the years I have seen us play a lot worse, just enjoy it and stop moaning

ImpliedFacepalm.png

nigel said:
Now before I get an internet stoning this is an opinion NOT particularly what I wish...I'll explain

We were (and have been all season) nowhere near as good as Spuds to watch. The powers that be will not be happy with an approach to games where we are negative and last night we were hanging on from the minute we scored. Our owners want to win with style and increase the clubs and their own prestige...hanging on for sixty odd minutes and some piss poor performances isnt what they want.We qualified but it was hardly easy on the eye
Also its clear that there are various divisions in the camp and the manager has little control or discipline. In my opinion the group of Kompany , De Jong , Zab etc care...sadly it appears to me that Tevez, Yaya and maybe a couple of others do not and are beyond control.Whereas Johnson and the manager appear to have little time for each other

Also Bobbys buys have hardly set the world on fire...I thought Kolarov would be a great signing and he's fucking awful. Dzeko shines no better and although Ballotelli has talent most of the time is a liabillity.

I'm not sure Jose is the answer with his grunge football and self publicity machine but he would unite the group and his record is second to none

Once again its about opinions and for me the following should be on the shopping list whoever is manager next season

Sneidjer in a deal for the sadly on his way Tevez
Aguerro is a perfect replacement for Tevez as a player
Fernando Llorente to do the job Dzeko appears unable to
Juan Ramon Vargas for the problem left back spot

Just an few opinions (reaches for tin hat!)

UTTER CRAP. Last night was about getting 3 point, no injuries and expending as little energy as possible - all 3 were nicely achieved, so WTF are you on about?

If we play "negative boring rubbish football" on Saturday and win 1-0, I won't be complaining... Our Team has only been together for a short time and will only get stronger and play with more flair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.