Last night performance will cost Bobby his job...

VOOMER said:
nigel said:
Bit harsh Nijinsky for expressing an opinion crikey !!! ...points and opinions taken and no offence taken

Nigel, the post was designed to get a responce, I'm not sure why you felt the need to post it, but fair do's it shows you've got a sense of humour:)

if you had a son would YOU call him Nigel or Herbert ??

End of lesson..

Another thing I clearly noticed was a few of our players were not going in for big 50/50 balls - Silva ran his socks off but he clearly didn´t want to miss Sat. It must have been on their minds - it´s only normal. That took a bit of the edge from our play

nigel said:
Now before I get an internet stoning this is an opinion NOT particularly what I wish...I'll explain

We were (and have been all season) nowhere near as good as Spuds to watch. The powers that be will not be happy with an approach to games where we are negative and last night we were hanging on from the minute we scored. Our owners want to win with style and increase the clubs and their own prestige...hanging on for sixty odd minutes and some piss poor performances isnt what they want.We qualified but it was hardly easy on the eye
Also its clear that there are various divisions in the camp and the manager has little control or discipline. In my opinion the group of Kompany , De Jong , Zab etc care...sadly it appears to me that Tevez, Yaya and maybe a couple of others do not and are beyond control.Whereas Johnson and the manager appear to have little time for each other

Also Bobbys buys have hardly set the world on fire...I thought Kolarov would be a great signing and he's fucking awful. Dzeko shines no better and although Ballotelli has talent most of the time is a liabillity.

I'm not sure Jose is the answer with his grunge football and self publicity machine but he would unite the group and his record is second to none

Once again its about opinions and for me the following should be on the shopping list whoever is manager next season

Sneidjer in a deal for the sadly on his way Tevez
Aguerro is a perfect replacement for Tevez as a player
Fernando Llorente to do the job Dzeko appears unable to
Juan Ramon Vargas for the problem left back spot

Just an few opinions (reaches for tin hat!)

I cant disagree with you but a win is a win and i think we will be stuck watching this dross for some time to come but a win is a win

I've never heard such drivel. ( well, I have but not so soon). What you are wanting is your idealistic version of how you think a team should be. Don't we all. Mancini has taken City to the CL and we are the favourites for a major domestic trophy, all in his first full season with the club, something nobody else has ever done. We will now be getting comments from the 'experts' that it is all down to our money; the very same 'experts' who were saying money does'nt buy you a team. The defence is where a team first builds, then the rest is adjusted to suit differing opponents and conditions, Roberto is a master at defensive strategy, as has been proved.
This is'nt Roy of the fucking Rovers.

BULL SHIT....Last nights performance is exactly the reason Bobby should keep his Job. They got the goal then built a wall and a barricade and held firm and apart from 1 time spuds didn't get near the goal and even when they did Joe, the last line of defense, was there to clean up.

It was Genius really considering we have an FA cup final and no one needs to get unnecessarily injured. Some times I think some people who comment on here have no idea about football, really yesterday was every reason why we should keep Bobby Manc at the helm because if you look at what as been achieved under Bobby I reckon in 2 to 3 years City will be up there with the best of the best in Europe.

Yes it wasn't pretty, but we dug in, ground it out and won ugly.

City are in the Champions league and FA cup Final, see you next season Bobby!

My question is what is going on in the training ground ? if you watch the rags, arsenal, liverpool and spurs its clear that they are taught a pass, move and support style. They're players always seem to be available for each other. We do it in spurts but we cant sustain it. At times last night the support play was terrible and I agree with Nigel we looked desparate. Thank god Spurs were awful with they're shooting last night. In the end we won because we defended like Lions and used tough tackling to stifle their play.

Just a thought, the average age of the team that started last night was 25.

Despite what the media (and some posters on here) would have you believe we aren't a team of overpaid mercenaries looking for a last big pay cheque, we are a relatively young team who are just beginning to gel and who (with one or two additions) could be successful together for the next 5/6 years.

citymad said:
My question is what is going on in the training ground ? if you watch the rags, arsenal, liverpool and spurs its clear that they are taught a pass, move and support style. They're players always seem to be available for each other. We do it in spurts but we cant sustain it. At times last night the support play was terrible and I agree with Nigel we looked desparate. Thank god Spurs were awful with they're shooting last night. In the end we won because we defended like Lions and used tough tackling to stifle their play.

The only team who do what you say are Arsenal and look what they have won in the past 6 years added to that Liverpool and Spurs what have they won - If you need to win ugly you do it

Why doesn't everyone stop having a go and just get behind the team and cheers us onto victory on Saturday - I can moan with the best of them but now is the time to stick together and see the last 3 games out and finish the season 3rd and FA Cup winners

We have a saying in our country's language, "Picking bones from eggs."

Bluemoaners just absolutely could find almost ANYTHING to slate whatever he or she dislikes, we thought if Mancini secures 4th spot and get us a cup final, the moaners would stop. But no, they want more.

FFS get a grip. You are no different than the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.