Lavezzi

Agree with Dax, he's a player who needs space, he'd be a good option to have sure, but i don't believe he'd be the solution to some of our problems in breaking down packed defences. In a large number of our games i think he'd be pretty ineffective.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Haven't seen much of him as Cavani has been catching my eye - until tonight. Looks very good. I'll let you know later if we should buy him..................

-- Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:45 pm --

LoveCity said:
Great player, think he would suit us as a winger/wide man more than almost anyone else.

Mancini doesn't believe in winger's, thats why he's trying to make AJ into something he isnt and why Milner has had to adapt to a new role.
So, on that basis, he wont buy him.
However, IF the chosen one arrives then so could Lavezzi.

Milner was bought as a midfielder, which is his preferred position. He hasn't had to adapt to anything.

Dax777 said:
Funny enough, I don't think either of them will fit to well at City. Cavani? maybe, but Lavezzi? City will have to change drastically to include him.

Napoli has such a different team philosophy than ours. They play on the counter and at neckbreaking speed. Make loads of mistakes while at it. But find enough holes, to poke goals in on a good day. City is a more deliberate team. Part of our defensive strenght is our ball possession. We hold it longer, make simpler passes, more often, move forward deliberately, and predominantly play against packed defenses. While Cavani and Lavezzi are used to open defenses.

It is alot easier to dribble 2 men when it is just the 3 of you alone in one whole half of the field. It is alot different when 18 players are in the same half. There just isn't that much space. True we need close dribbler, and Lavezzi is a decent one, but we might just have to keep looking.

But we'll see!
Good points and agree with most but perhaps this variation would give us a plan B which some say we are missing and why we have seen a slight dip in results recently

We don't have a plan B because we don't have the players. Mancini is building something special at city and will have had his priorities when buying players. Last season it was all about 433 and being very good at it. This season it's been all about 4231 and being very good at it. Next season i suspect it will be a formation that uses width to attack and beat teams. In each window he has brought in players which allow us to improve are play. Next season we will see at least 1 pacey winger brought in to allow us to play with more width ala Sanchez.

It takes time to get the right players in, you can't do it in one window.

Lavezzi isn't a real winger though, but he can play like one. He's pretty versatile and works best if you let him roam a little. Since our system is fairly fluid, I think he would perform well in it.

He's a direct player and that would give our team a whole new dimension.

Granted, I don't think he's necessary, but I certainly would be delighted if we signed him.

Jumanji said:
Lavezzi isn't a real winger though, but he can play like one. He's pretty versatile and works best if you let him roam a little. Since our system is fairly fluid, I think he would perform well in it.

He's a direct player and that would give our team a whole new dimension.

Granted, I don't think he's necessary, but I certainly would be delighted if we signed him.
You are right, he is direct and plays fluidly. But if he joins City, it is my view that he would change his game more to suit the predominant deliberate style of City. I like his diirect style, but it seems that is accentuated by Napoli's style of play. He plays nothing like that for Argentina.

I think we need a direct dribbler with serious footwork, and he is a good look. But I like Hulk in that role too. Or maybe we can wait on Patitio, or just say fuk it! And buy Neymar :P

Chevelle said:
Dax I agree with what you are saying but there were a few times where Lavezzi just twisted and turned right through 3-4 players in a tight area.. as you may watch like silva he keeps the ball glued to his feet =)
He is a very good dribbler, I don't deny that. Just think he and Cavanni Look so much better for Napoli overall because of Napoli's style, then they will look with us.

I don't want to mistake their Napoli form, for what may be their City form. True, we can't know what that form would be. But we could guess a bit.

Dax777 said:
Funny enough, I don't think either of them will fit to well at City. Cavani? maybe, but Lavezzi? City will have to change drastically to include him.

Napoli has such a different team philosophy than ours. They play on the counter and at neckbreaking speed. Make loads of mistakes while at it. But find enough holes, to poke goals in on a good day. City is a more deliberate team. Part of our defensive strenght is our ball possession. We hold it longer, make simpler passes, more often, move forward deliberately, and predominantly play against packed defenses. While Cavani and Lavezzi are used to open defenses.

It is alot easier to dribble 2 men when it is just the 3 of you alone in one whole half of the field. It is alot different when 18 players are in the same half. There just isn't that much space. True we need close dribbler, and Lavezzi is a decent one, but we might just have to keep looking.

But we'll see!
THIS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.